The Sr. Product Data Analyst supports software end users with requests and questions around product data. The Analyst also engages with Product and Engineering Teams to help resolve escalations and serves as a Subject Matter Expert. In this role the Sr. Product Analyst also shows technical proficiency in using SQL and Python and is willing to grow their knowledge in other technologies such as git and Google Cloud Platform to support and scale deliverables and introduce efficiencies.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Product Support:
- Provides effective support for BlackLocus software and data via email, web-based portals and other means
- Actively listens to and builds rapport with end users to elicit problem details
- Collaborates with engineering teams to determine root cause of issue and resolution, provide technical expertise, and assist in resolving high level technical issues
- Continuously works on increasing their proficiency with BlackLocus software and data
25% - Code:
- Uses existing code base to execute on existing and recurring tasks
- Updates existing code base to increase functionality, scalability or accommodate scope changes
- Develops and codes solutions for the purpose creating process efficiencies
- Utilizes git for version control and collaboration
10% - Stay informed:
- Stay updated on Product changes that impact Support operations and customer experience
- Follow updates via slack conversations and meetings
- Share knowledge with the team in meetings and through wiki documentation.
10% - Improve Processes:
- Create processes where standards are missing
- Improve processes where efficiencies can be gained
- Communicate process changes and improvement with other teams that will be impacted
5% - Create Feature Requests:
- Create user stories where software feature requests are needed
- Provide cost benefit of feature request
100% - Love what you do and have fun:
- If you like to help people, code, work with data and enjoy a positive and healthy work environment, then you’re guaranteed to meet this criterion!
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Support Team Manager or Sr. Manager.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Equivalent experience includes being a former Product, Data or BI Analyst with the required technical skills
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
In addition, this position requires close collaboration with our product and engineering teams internally. The ideal candidate has advanced problem-solving skills, must have the ability to work independently and on small project teams, and must excel in an energetic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical diagnostic skills and the ability to think analytically
- Be self-directed, highly motivated, and able to exercise independent judgement
- Demonstrate a history of productivity
- Ability to balance and drive multiple simultaneous issues and projects to success
- Exceptional initiative and diligence in the development of product-oriented solutions
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Retail and Pricing industry knowledge
- 1 years of experience in Product Analytics, Customer Success/Support or as a PSE
- Experience using Python with AWS and GCP technologies
- boto3, psycopg2, Pandas, Numpy and other modules
- Experience with the current tech stack:
- Z Shell / OSX
- Zen Desk
2-4 years of relevant work experience
Expertise in CRM or standard help desk ticketing systems and remote monitoring and management software
Proficient in Microsoft Office standard applications
Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing networking issues and problems with modern operating systems
Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing in virtualized and cloud-based environments
Proficient in administering antivirus software
Proficient in administering mobile devices and mobile device management systems
Proficient in data management (backup) software and Windows Server
Proficient in DNS, DHCP, Internet infrastructure, and IP informational tools
Proficient with setting file permissions, email protocols (SMTP, POP), Active Directory, and Citrix Servers
Expertise in contributing to and developing content for a knowledge database and team training documentation
Expertise in guiding and coaching more junior team members
Expertise in setting high standards through action
Proficient in identifying trends and determining and applying necessary process or standard operating procedure changes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
Experience with selecting and engaging vendors, and establishing, nurturing, and maintaining vendor relationships
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.