The Copywriter is responsible for developing, updating and delivering marketing copy to drive awareness for The Home Depot QuoteCenter—its products, brands and features—to over 300,000 store associates and key leadership. This role will split its time between copywriting (~70%) and managing project details and timelines (~30%).
The Copywriter must be comfortable seeking out information independently as well as partnering/collaborating with Marketing Content Specialists and other stakeholders in the development of Marketing materials. The Copywriter should have professional experience with an established, national brand writing copy for digital and print environments across all types of communications¬—email, advertising, video scripts, presentations, flyers, training materials, signage, social media posts, etc. This role must be able to take an idea from scratch through completion with minimal direction on best-practices and brand-tone-adherence.
This role should be proactive in understanding The Home Depot QuoteCenter’s broader ecosystem and opportunities for integrated communication. The Copywriter should be able to own and develop multiple projects at once, pivoting with ease between different objectives and requirements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 70% Copywriting - Research, become fully versed in, and provide strategic direction for, content creation around different department products, classes and subclasses; Support Marketing leadership with copy as needed for presentations, events, documentation, reports, etc; Partner with Marketing Content Specialists to develop video scripts for production, editing as required throughout the filming/production process; Gain and maintain SME-level understanding of standard Pro Trades, Associate and Supplier audience profiles; Use this and brand standards to drive all marketing copy creation; Partner with Marketing Content Specialists to develop creative briefs for independent projects as assigned; Partner with Marketing Content Specialists to develop weekly in-app campaigns for products and services in QuoteCenter
- 30% Managing Project Details - Own all phases of the marketing copy creation from ideation, to development to production coordinating handoff and deadlines with Project and Content Specialists; This includes fast-track requests for marketing support, knowing what questions to ask and who to partner with to successfully create and implement campaigns; Develop/Co-develop creative brief and project completion communication documentation for all non-day-to-day campaign work; Measure messaging effectiveness by creating and conducting creative testing, soliciting feedback and reviewing campaign metrics; Proactively make/implement recommendations for improvement and track progress
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position typically reports to Marketing Manager
This position has 0 direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a associate's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to convey complex or technical ideas and processes in easy-to-understand terms to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
Any additional preferred qualification:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage/guide multiple projects, switching from one to the other seamlessly, to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Five+ years of copywriting experience in a professional setting developing content to support a digital application in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Knack for generating wide variety of creative ideas that are on-strategy and confidence in presenting them to clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly understand stakeholder and campaign objectives and deliver communications to achieve them.
- Ability to create copy that draws attention, navigating multiple styles from promotional to technical, while adhering to brand standards, copy/design guidelines and grammar rules.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate to meet deadlines and stakeholder objectives.
- Willingness to dig for details, sense of curiosity with can-do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate technical information into interesting and compelling marketing messages
- Understanding of consumer retail preferred but not required.
- Ability to receive and give creative feedback in a respectful, productive manner and apply learning to grow skillset.
- Strong proficiency in:
- MS Office Suite/Esp. PowerPoint and Word
- Project Management
- Content Management Systems – ZenDesk or the like
- Digital Asset Management Systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.