A Sr Data Analyst leverages proven technical abilities to synthesize complex analytical tasks into easily understood data-driven stories. Responsible for working collaboratively among other talented analysts to apply established and create new analytical processes on diverse datasets to deduce insights and solve real-world business problems. Also ensures that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed competently in a timely manner, continually seeks out opportunities to learn new and hone existing technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics, machine learning, etc.) and operates under minimal supervision and mentorship of more experienced managers and data scientists.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 30%-Leverages data analytics tools to create new dashboards, reports, and any additional ad-hoc requests
- 20%-Executes existing reporting and analytical responsibilities
- 20%-Ensures the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail
- 20%-Presents findings in easily understood ways, focuses on how the data analytics fits into the bigger picture
- 10%-Develops additional technical competencies and subject matter expertise within core functional group
Nature and Scope: This position reports to Manager or Sr Manager This position has no Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- 2-4 years work experience in data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting.
- An intermediary understanding of SQL or working directly with MS Access joining relational tables together and/or some knowledge of one other scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (e.g. VBA, Python, R, SAS, .NET, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience building reports/analyses with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, SAS, Mathematica, SPSS, Tableau, etc.)
- Prior direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. Supply Chain, Merchandising, Operations, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving.
- An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying story being told within the data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings.
- A track record of taking complex results and communicating them in an easily understood way.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.