Product Management is charged with being the customers voice within the company and develops an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future. That understanding will be brought to life in Business cases, Concepts, Product Roadmaps, MRD development and in interactions with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. These positions require proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with software business and development processes.
- Manage products through their life cycleintroduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Work with marketing to specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by site visits to customers and non- customers
- Develop the product roadmap; articulate the unique value proposition based on a deep understanding of the market trends, competitive threats, voice of customer, and analytics
- Collect and measure key product metrics to inform success/failure of each release and plan iterations accordingly.
- Work with engineering and review product functional specifications and provide detailed feedback on customer expectations
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Work with sales to drive achievement of planned revenue for your products
- Own the results. Analyze KPIs and use them to drive decision-making.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIE
10%- Manage a Product Management team in defining a world-class customer experience that bridges the online and multi-channels; Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and use that knowledge to create a product roadmap with their team which delivers site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
40%- Maintain a product & feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade- offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load. Ensure team writes complete & detail-oriented product requirements documents; Ensure clear communications of requirements to the business, design, usability & development teams
25%- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the teams ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals; As the subject matter expert, forecast, monitor, understand and report on teams product lines and own the overall results
15%- Create buy-in for their product vision both within the online team and with key enterprise stakeholders; Lead cross-functionally to ensure Home Depot implements the business vision efficiently
5%- Leverage their thorough understanding of the retail industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and competitor/industry developments when managing priorities and trade-offs on their product and feature roadmap
5%- Identify and assess the value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Product Management. This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
Minimum 3 years experience as a software product manager
Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a keen eye for identifying new market opportunities and transforming that into an actionable plan
Thrive in ambiguity where the solution doesn't exist and the problems aren't fully known
Results driven candidate that can take an idea and develop a strong business case that will become the team's roadmap
Knowledgeable in technology and enterprise software
Ability to work and lead across all parts of the organization Strong organizational and analytical skills
Comfortable and experienced in presenting to large and senior audiences
Must be able to present product vision/strategy to executives and business stake holders
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.