POSITION PURPOSE -
Perform advanced, diversified, and confidential executive-level secretarial duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization' s policies and practices.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Identifies needs and initiates projects independently.
- Sets priorities and procedures for accomplishing work, delegating responsibility as needed.
- Collects and compiles information, and analyzes data and displays in appropriate form for officer.
- Receives and reviews highly sensitive correspondence for officer.
- Maintains confidentiality and recommends solutions or actions required.
- Responds independently to routine correspondence under own signature or drafts response for officer' s review on more complex correspondence.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries.
- Meets independently with or screens people before meeting with the officer.
- May supervise a single or group of non-exempt support secretary staff, including hiring, training, and performance appraisal.
- Controls calendar closely, with authority to determine who may be scheduled.
- Authorizes approval for travel expense reports for officer.
- Reviews and questions where necessary expense reports of officer' s direct reports.
- Approves invoices and purchase requisitions under own signature.
- Makes complex domestic or international travel arrangements.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer, photocopier, transcriber, facsimile, scanner, or calculator.
- Progressively uses the features of one or more standard business software packages.
- Provides primary support to assigned Senior Officer/Officer.
- Direct reports may include one or more Administrative Assistants, as well as one or more Clerks.
- Typically requires frequent persuasion or influencing of others.
- Usually assigns and reviews work of others.
- Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse
- Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems.
- Typically there is some leeway for changing the order of assigned tasks.
- Prior approval is required before dealing with unassigned tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.