The Support Associate provides quality professional service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations. The position contributes to creating, maintaining, and improving internal and external customer relationships while interacting with our users on a daily basis by phone and chat. The Support Associate promptly assesses needs and applies product and service knowledge to provide our users with the best available solution in a timely manner. The position escalates complex issues to subject matter experts and internal technical resources.
Position is responsible for meeting and/or exceeding individual service quality goals and contributes to various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40%- Assist internal and external customers through their shopping experience with Home Depot websites and mobile applications and provide solutions via phone and chat
40%- Resolve post-order issues and follow up with customers during the process and once resolution has been completed
10%- Meet or exceed scorecard requirements for productivity and quality
10%- Effectively and routinely balance multiple customers and tasks
NATURE AND SCOPE
This role reports to HDQC Support Supervisor.
This role has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- College Degree preferred
- Knowledge of technologies and standard practices typically found in a call center environment such as CRM software and multi-line phones
- Knowledge of standard practices and terminology used in retail sales and/or the building materials industry preferred
- Knowledge of Home Depot systems and such as QuoteCenter, eSVS, Store Systems and MyCD
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Consistently provides outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to internal and external customers and recovering from any errors made
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large workload, competing demands, and a fast-paced environment
- Experience with assessing customer audience and adjusting style and tone of verbal and written correspondence to match that of the customer
- Demonstrate broad-based knowledge of Home Depot product offerings
- Proficient written and verbal skills
- Ability to type 25 WPM with minimal errors
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.