Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies meet real business needs meets real customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America.
The Merchandising Operations Supplier Support Analyst will be the front-line support for our suppliers and internal escalations requiring supplier resolution. In this role, the Supplier Support Analyst will need to act with a sense of urgency as they process support tickets, partner with suppliers, and collaboration with internal teams to resolve a variety customer and store facing issues. Advanced skills in customer service, prioritization, troubleshooting, and trend analysis, paired with an aptitude for learning systems and processes, will be paramount for success.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
10%- Plan and lead all phases of a project's life cycle (i.e. feasibility, design implementation, evaluation); this includes extracting the business need; defining the business requirements, understanding the impact on the business, and designing and carrying out the project(s)
20%- Serve as liaison between merchandising and finance by facilitating meetings including both departments
5%- Mentor other analysts in developing/honing business knowledge and analytical skills
20%- Serve as a subject matter expert and perform research and/or analysis within assigned projects
25%- Multi-task to work on 2 to 4 projects simultaneously, recommending process improvements and making final project recommendations which impact the business
20%- Establish and report on metrics of assigned projects to gauge business value
NATURE AND SCOPE
This role reports to the HDQC Director of Merchandising Operations. This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience developing complex technology solutions and performing analysis on feature requirements against system capabilities.
- Experience communicating and delivering content to external parties.
- Ability to recognize and proactively manage the appropriate content and interactions for dealing with third parties.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational and analytical skills. History of documenting expectations in clear and presentable format.
- Experience with various applications and tools, including JIRA, Visio, MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases and various analytics tools.
- Clear and articulate communication style to partner collaboratively across multiple departments with a consultative approach to assess and solve business problems for internal and external customers. You must build cross-department relationships to further business requirement definition.
- Must be successful in a team environment and drive collaborative work initiatives. Able to be successful in a more ambiguous role with targets and goals that change frequently.
- Retail industry experience preferred, not required.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data through BI solutions (Tableau) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Typing skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to details
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple task at once with minimal direction Training and procedural documentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.