The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, updating and delivering marketing campaigns and materials to drive awareness for and promote The Home Depot QuoteCenter—its products, brands and features—to over 300,000 store associates and key leadership. This role will split its time between copywriting (~50%) and production-level design (~50%), collaborating with other marketing team members and internal stakeholders to ensure communications are on strategy and on brand.
The Marketing Content Specialist should have experience in writing and designing marketing assets for digital environments, including user experience. This position requires that the candidate proactively own the full lifecycle of a campaign—from concept to go-live—including testing, tracking and optimizing where necessary, bringing the motivation and energy to drive overall KPIs. The Marketing Content Specialisy should expect to work within the established brand guidelines and most current marketing policies/procedures of The Home Depot at all times.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drive Associate Awareness (70%)
- Partner with Merchandising Strategy Team to create multiple weekly marketing communications (OLAs, email, flyers, Direct Mail, Internal THD communication systems, Search OLAs video, etc.) to increase associate awareness of programs in and drive quoting of The Home Depot QuoteCenter offerings. Test, track and optimize as necessary.
- Own all phases of the campaign creation from working with Project Coordinator and CMS to source all necessary information/assets, to creating materials (copy and design), publishing, tracking, testing and optimizing. This includes fast-track requests for marketing support, knowing what questions to ask and who to partner with to successfully create and implement campaigns.
- Measure messaging effectiveness by creating and conducting creative testing, soliciting feedback and reviewing campaign metrics. Make/implement recommendations for improvement and track progress.
- Be comfortable presenting creative work to individuals in the Marketing team as well as larger groups, to gain alignment, solicit feedback, present ideas, share results, and/or provide status on larger projects or campaigns.
- Partner with/Support Internal Teams (30%)
- Partner with Catalog, Supplier, Customer Support and Field Engagement teams to create channel communications and training materials (e.g., banner ads, flyers, help articles, presentations, videos, etc.) that increase awareness of and interaction with QuoteCenter application.
- Partner with Product to Generate training video scripts, presentations, videos and other marketing assets that teach store associates how to use application features.
NATURE AND SCOPE
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma or GED degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Most of the time is spent in a comfortable position and there is a frequent opportunity to move about. On some occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- Three to five years of writing/design and production experience in a professional setting developing content (copy, video, HTML and graphic assets) to support a digital application in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Attention to detail and stellar project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knack for generating wide variety of creative ideas that are on-strategy and confidence in presenting them to clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly understand stakeholder and campaign objectives and deliver communications to achieve them.
- Ability to create flawless copy and design that get attention, navigating multiple styles—from promotional to technical, while adhering to brand standards, copy/design guidelines and grammar rules.
Preferred Education Requirements: Associate’s degree
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate to meet deadlines and stakeholder objectives.
- Willingness to dig for details, sense of curiosity with can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, switching from one to the other seamlessly, effectively prioritizing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to translate technical information into interesting and compelling marketing messages.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) required. Proficiency in video rendering software, CMS tools, SalesForce and HTML a plus.
Preferred Work Experience: 5+ years of previous related work experience
Preferred Leadership Experience: No previous leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.