As a Site Reliability Engineer Manager you will be responsible for building and supporting the application infrastructure for the largest growth area within The Home Depot. This will require you to maintain high site uptime while embracing rapid change and growth using a strong devops mindset of continuous delivery and site automation. This is a demanding role that requires deep technical knowledge, adaptability, hands on execution, and a ruthless drive towards higher levels of availability.
In this role you will:
- Have a maniacal focus on site uptime
- Engineer application infrastructure that is reliable, efficient, and maintainable
- Partner closely with software engineering teams using a strong devops mindset
- Constantly improve operational processes and efficiency
- Automate, Automate, Automate
- Attract Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balance Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicate Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Develop Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drive Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Drive Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Manage Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30%- Delivery & Execution: Collaborates and pairs with team members (UX, engineering, product management, etc) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- 10%- Support & Enablement: Fields questions from engineers, product teams, or support teams
- 50%- People: Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers. Attracts, retains, and develops top talent to build a world class Software Engineering Team.
- 10%- Learning: Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the HDQC Senior Manager, Software Engineering
This position has 5-10 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 7+ years’ experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems
- 3+ years managing multiple engineering teams
- Public Cloud experience (Google Cloud/Azure)
- Expert knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring tools: Datadog, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as CircleCI
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform
- Experience with large scale application development in C#
- Mastery of at least one scripting language including Go, Python, Node, TypeScript, PERL, Ruby, Shell
- Unix/Linux power user
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Typing skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to details
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple task at once with minimal direction
- Training and procedural documentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.