We are searching for a Manager of User Experience to manage an efficient, effective, and scalable UX design practice that creates easy-to-use applications that enable our associates to sell like experts in a variety of complex product categories.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America.
- Lead and manage the UX team
- Manage support activities to meet user needs in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring the right things get done as per the governance process.
- Build relationship with key user and store operation groups to identify and resolve business issues.
- Manage and tracks the progress of multiple development projects. Project management and administration that include work plans, resource planning and control, writing status reports, and preparing annual budgets.
- Communicate status of development design to supervisors and end users.
- Select, develop and motivate assigned staff.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Oversees end-to-end experience across multiple applications and ensures a simple and delighting user experiences.
20% - Conducts competitive and usability research to understand user behavior with key shopping activities and to identify best practices.
20% - Ensures website look and feel, usability, information architecture, and content meet established standards and online best practices.
20% - Manages / develops team of ~6 UX professionals.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Director User Experience.
This position has 6 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience in managing the UX practice for a web application / SaaS product
- Experience leading the conversation regarding UX best practices, tools, processes, etc.
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer, UX Architect, and/or Information Architect.
- Leads the UX team project deliverables to communicate the UX strategy and rationale such as project plans, research, personas, concept documents, task lists, workflows, information architecture, wireframes, page maps, interaction and behavior specifications, visual design and content strategy.
- Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data and present findings and recommendations.
- Pragmatic approach to software design (converges on solutions, delivers value quickly & iteratively)
- Ability to quickly grasp business concepts
- Strong personnel & team management abilities
- Previous work in a cross-functional environment is important
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Presentation, facilitation and writing skills.
- Project management- estimating, planning, controlling, and execution
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form.
- Polished presentation skills, creating materials and presenting to various levels of management.
- Big picture thinker able to operate effectively at 30k-foot view, but also able to get into the details when necessary.
- Strong storyteller, is able to formulate cohesive messages with meaningful and impactful points that resonate with target audience.
- Self-starter, requires little to no direction to be effective at role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.