At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Online Merchandising Analyst will be responsible for directly providing an Online Merchant(s) with tactical and strategic support to enable the realization of key financial metrics in growth categories. The Online Merchandising Analyst will provide ongoing, executional support to Online Merchants in all merchandising areas including pricing, promotions, profitability, assortment planning, vendor management, and ad-hoc requests. Additionally, this role will provide and present financial and online KPI reporting on a regular basis. The Online Merchandising Analyst will serve as a champion of key Online Merchandising initiatives and contribute to projects which further overall .com strategic business initiatives. To accomplish these goals, this role will partner with store and .com support teams including Finance, Digital Content, Logistics, Inventory Planning, Category Experience, and BI/Analytics.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 40%-Execute key daily/ weekly/ monthly business performance reporting
- 30%-Work with Merchandise Planning Managers, Online Merchants, and cross functional partners to analyze business drivers and recommend/ execute strategies
- 30%-Contribute to projects and new initiatives which further strategic business objectives
- This position reports to Manager, Merchandise Planning – Homedepot.com
- This position has no Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 0
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with work experience in retail, merchandising, engineering, or financial analysis in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
- Strong analytical skills; innate intellectual curiosity
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.