The Senior Manager, Creative PMO will be responsible for developing and continuing to build upon a centralized Project Management Office (PMO) to support the creative, marketing and media teams and will develop process, workflows and digital solutions that will lend themselves to the overall efficiency and transparency of the content development process, and communication among those departments. The Creative PMO will be responsible for providing full project management support for all ranges of projects in size and scope, including large, cross-functional strategic campaigns to business as usual (BAU) requests. This role is responsible for implementing a standard methodology that will be used across all projects and ensures that they are completed on schedule and on budget. The PMO will develop high level project plans from intake to final delivery and manage communication of project status and results to stakeholders.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%: Build and deploy a highly effective end-to-end PMO function from methodology to intake and closure. Establish the methodologies, tools, guidelines, standards and frameworks that build a successful PMO.
- 30%: Manage a high performing team that will effectively contribute to the organization by driving results through the project management discipline. Provide ongoing development and training to continue enhancing the PMO’s outputs while driving efficiency, productivity and quality.
- 10 %: Reviews project demands in order to identify and manage scope, supply and appropriate staffing to complete plans within scope, budget and schedule. Tracks and reports performance metrics and takes action to meet business demands.
- 10 %: Proactively monitors, identifies, and mitigates program risks, issues, and trigger events across multiple interdependent initiatives. Anticipates business issues and anticipates barriers to change. Devises plans to address barriers.
- 10 %: Ensures the alignment, buy-in, engagement and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships as well as communicating effectively with internal customers, third party vendors, executive management, and business leaders; and clarifying accountability and authority across stakeholders.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Director, Creative Services
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a master's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in an Advertising or Marketing agency
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Scrum certified
- Agile Software Development
- Pivotal Tracker
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in an ecommerce or retail environment (B2B, B2C)
- Critical thinking
- Consulting leadership
- Leverage strong communication skills and business judgement
- Extensive project management across departments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Develops Talent: Develops others as individuals and informal leaders. Provides basic coaching, feedback, and guidance to improve performance and aligns employee goals with group and organization goals.
Decision Quality: Makes reasonable and timely decisions under difficult and/or urgent circumstances that address root causes of problems. Gathers and analyzes relevant information from several sources and necessary persons. Builds consensus around recommendations, especially when conflict exists. Assists others in problem solving and decision making. Follows up on results and provides feedback for analysis.
Plans & Aligns: Stays focused on plans, but makes adjustments when changes or unexpected events occur. Aligns own group’s work with the activities of other workgroups across THD. Ensures that plans address the main risks and provide appropriate contingencies. Looks to the future and determines the main resources required to accomplish goals; takes adequate steps to obtain them.
Ensures Accountability: Holds self and leaders accountable for setting and meeting agreed upon commitments. Establishes and actively seeks input from formal feedback loops designed to drive accountability. Uses key indicators and processes to monitor the organization's performance against goals. Addresses poor performance in groups; does not allow team to lay blame or make excuses.
Manages Conflict: Settles differences in opinion involving self and others or other in productive ways with minimal noise. Considers the perspectives of others and approaches objectively, defending own opinion, flexing to another's, or suggesting some combination of both as appropriate.
Drives Engagement: Drives to do one's best; encourages others to do so. Makes group members feel as though their contributions are important. Invites input and shares ownership and visibility. Structures work so it aligns with associates' goals and motivators.
Collaborates: Partners with others on or across groups or areas as expected. Effectively represents and balances own and collective interests when collaborating others. Credits others for contributions and accomplishments.
Customer Focus: Actively stays attuned to customer needs and is sharply focused on the customer; guides others to do so. Consistently delivers expected value to customer; guides others to do so. Identifies gaps between actual and expected service levels; adjusts as necessary to close gaps; guides others to do so. Quickly develops and maintains strong customer relationships.
Drives Results: Has a track record of exceeding individual and group goals successfully despite obstacles and setbacks. Guides, encourages, and motivates others to drive towards individual and group desired results. Consistently measures against projected results to adjust pace for delivery that meets or exceeds time and resource expectations.
Communicates Effectively: Presents information in a clear, concise, honest, and logical manner. Communicates effectively across mediums with peers and those somewhat more senior in business and technical areas. Uses active listening in understanding message content and point of view; clarifies as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.