Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiology Technologists and must have the advanced ARRT registry in MRI with a minimum 1 year MRI experience or must have completed a comprehensive ARRT accredited MRI program with an advanced registry in MRI.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physics related to Radiologic and / or Imaging Technologies.
- Knowledge of basic techniques of Radiologic and / or Imaging Technologies.
- Knowledge of routines and procedures required to produce quality images for a wide variety of procedures, including advanced and specialized procedures.
- Knowledge of safety techniques, including radiation safety, required during radiologic/medical imaging procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of patients, of all ages, cultures and physical conditions.
- Ability to work in stressful situations, including emergency situations.
- Ability to operate imaging processing equipment, and utilize medical imaging accessory devices.
Licensure/ Registration/ Certification:
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and must have the advanced ARRT registry in MRI with minimum 1 year MRI experience.
- Or must have completed a comprehensive ARRT accredited MRI program with an advanced registry in MRI.
- BLS and a Regions hospital sponsored IV start class is required. (BLS must be from an AHA or ALA sponsored program)
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Performs MRI exams using independent judgment and initiative; prepares patients for MRI exams, administers contrast media, and is capable of starting an intravenous catheter. Functions as a resource person for Radiologic Technology Students and Radiologic Technology Interns. Per Diem staff must pick up at least 2 shifts per month if offered. Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.