HealthPartners is currently hiring for a Health Care Attorney. We are a nonprofit integrated care delivery and financing system based in Bloomington, MN. At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity, and partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable. We seek colleagues who wish to help advance diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster an environment where everyone feels welcome, included, and valued.
The HealthPartners Law Department is seeking a full-time health care attorney with a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, relevant experience, and a desire to work in a collaborative and team environment. Desired expertise includes contract drafting and review (professional services, vendor, IT), telehealth, patient privacy, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, tax exemption, antitrust, and medical staff.
Minnesota bar admission is required.
HealthPartners is a tax-exempt integrated care delivery and financing system. The system employs over 26,000 people and includes 8 hospitals, a multi-specialty group practice of more than 1,800 physicians that serves more than 1.2 million patients and provides a broad array of additional services including dental, transportation, home care, hospice, research, and education.
- Law Degree from an accredited school with strong academic credentials.
- Current license to practice; must be admitted to Minnesota Courts within 6 months or as determined by the General Counsel.
- Relevant and transferrable experience advising health care delivery or corporate entities. At least three years relevant experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the some or all the following areas: contract drafting and review (professional services, vendor, IT), telehealth, patient privacy, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, tax exemption, antitrust, and medical staff, or other experience in the health care industry which would support the HealthPartners mission and vision.
- Provide in-depth analysis and legal advice to clients in select business units, consistent with the organization’s risk tolerance.
- Conduct factual inquiries and identify legal issues.
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
- Develop and recommend legal strategy and compliant solutions for business challenges in the health care delivery industry.
- Negotiate, draft, review and revise agreements and a variety of other legal documents.
- Represent and advocate for HealthPartners and its related organizations before a variety of agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Work collaboratively within assigned team, the department, and as part of interdisciplinary teams.
- Work independently with assigned clients and projects.
- Actively develop additional areas of expertise and act as backup in multiple substantive areas.
- Support significant corporate transactions.
- Manage outside counsel as needed.
- Model HealthPartners values of excellence, compassion, integrity, and partnership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #67391.