At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Management Specialist. This position exists to help improve the knowledge, productivity and effectiveness of our marketing team and other critical stakeholders by gathering, developing, organizing, editing and managing information knowledge essential to writing persuasive communications (proposals, B2B & B2C copy, etc.).
In essence, this position serves as an information liaison & curator, uploading and maintaining knowledge in our Communications & Marketing team (CMT) enterprise knowledge base. Initial knowledge base content will come from the back catalog of RFP responses, but will eventually expand to include knowledge gathered across our department, Health Solutions Marketing (HSM), with the intention of extending the function across CMT in the future. Note that this position is ultimately focused on capturing/managing source information – knowledge – as opposed to content based on that information.
Beyond managing knowledge/content, this position supports the practice of knowledge maintenance by leveraging metadata reporting capabilities within Adobe (to the extent possible) to track when, how, how frequently and by whom knowledge is used. In the long run, the position plays a key role in providing CMT-wide access to our centralized knowledge repository.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in library science, English, technical writing, communications, marketing, journalism) or equivalent
- Two to three years of knowledge management-related experience including creation and maintenance, information architecture and taxonomy development
- Familiarity with content management systems or other similar electronic storage platforms (Adobe DAM, SharePoint, Qvidian, PMAPS, RFP Machine experience, etc.), including use of complex tagging structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing, proofreading and ability to standardize messaging and voice across documents
- Project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, work with cross-functional teams, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization to deliver good customer service
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of excellence, compassion, partnership and integrity
- RFP or other content management experience, including familiarity with building and following rolling content update schedules
- Experience with leveraging and interpreting analytics generated based on knowledge/content usage
- Gather, curate and upload information into the knowledge base on a timely basis to manage an accessible and up-to-date knowledge base. Proactively assess information needs and respond in a timely basis with complete and accurate information. This may entail distilling tailored content down to its essence to create basic knowledge resources for HSM/CMT.
- Serve as primary knowledge base contact for subject matter experts (SMEs). This includes maintaining a knowledge/content update calendar that reflects a known & agreed-upon schedule of updates with SME stakeholders.
- Co-define and co-oversee the knowledge management process with manager – how information will be captured, reviewed, modified, standardized, categorized, posted, maintained, accessed and, when appropriate, versioned for different writing projects.
- Establish and maintain knowledge taxonomy and architecture that is complete, easy to use and intuitive.
- Edit and, when appropriate, develop content – coordinate with CMT staff to edit content that supports marketing strategies and mirrors our branding, messaging and desired voice. Content may need to be developed by amassing information from existing documents and/or by speaking directly with SMEs.
- Leverage knowledge base analytics to help identify knowledge usage patterns and content gaps.
- Promote knowledge base capabilities and updates to ensure that it becomes HSM’s one-stop source of information. This includes ongoing promotion to SMEs & other departments to reinforce the knowledge base’s value and their important role in its success.
- Stay atop industry knowledge management trends – particularly best practices for enterprise knowledge sharing.
- Work collaboratively with teams where interdependencies exist.
- Analyze and survey potential audiences and how they’ll most likely engage the knowledge base.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #54897.