At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Large Group Account Manager on the HealthPartners Brokered Health Solutions team. The Account Manager is primarily responsible for on-going service, consultation, and implementation of collaborative health solutions that are specifically tailored to meet the customer’s unique goals for their health and dental plans.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of successful sales and account management experience.
- Demonstrated group presentation, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of basic insurance underwriting principles.
- Minnesota insurance license within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization, from C-Suite to HR assistants.
- Must have current, valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Execution of a non-competition agreement upon hire.
- Strong writing skills to effectively communicate with clients
- Experience, knowledge and competence in Consultative Selling principles.
- Large group account management experience in the health insurance industry.
- Solid project management experience.
- Strong business background, advanced courses in business, marketing and/or finance.
- Health insurance underwriting experience and/or strong numerical ability and reasoning skills.
- Strong verbal and verbal reasoning skills.
- Experience in quid pro quo negotiating techniques.
- Prior experience in a team environment
- Understand the business goals and objectives and the role their benefit plan plays in meeting the client’s overall corporate objectives through a client refreshment/discovery process.
- Develop strategic account management plan in collaboration with the client and the broker/consultant.
- Implement and execute the strategic plan.
- Meet with our key clients and brokers as needed in order to maintain and enhance our relationship.
- Quickly respond to our clients to resolve any claims, billing, network management and operational issues in an effort to provide ongoing service that exceeds expectations to our customers and their brokers.
- Negotiate with the broker and customer through an evaluation of existing claims data to arrive at a fair renewal that supports a trusting, long-term partnership that is mutually beneficial to both HealthPartners and the client.
- Achieve corporate retention and net growth targets for both medical and dental lines of business.
- Sell ancillary lines of business such as dental, health and well-being and worksite health to our existing customers.
- Assist the Sales Executives as needed on presentations to new prospects regarding implementation, account service plans, etc.
- Manage implementation of new and renewal sales, including GDF completion, member and group contract distribution, open enrollment communication pieces, monitoring of employer utilization reports, and requests for ad hoc reporting.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #58869.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.