A Workday Technical and Integration Specialist is required to work within the Global Workday Product team responsible for the Workday technical portfolio.
This team is responsible for all technical aspects of all Workday integration design, build and delivery. The portfolio of this team is extensive and transcends a broad technical capability including:
• A portfolio of around 350 integrations in and out of GSK’s Global Workday HCM system. These integrations range from simple EIB’s to complex custom Studio based integrations and include Core Connectors, PICOFS and PECI based integrations.
• Tier 2 integration and technical support including issue resolution, fixes and the design, build and implementation of integration enhancements and continuous improvements.
• Adoption of Workday’s new Integration Cloud Platform enabling seamless integration between Workday and other GSK systems.
• BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) design, build and delivery for forms, letters and contracts.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess a broad technical and functional skill set and be able to transcend small to medium scale change delivery including the end to end technical management of small projects and change deliverables.
You may also be aligned to larger projects where you will be responsible for the design, build and test of integration solutions working with downstream vendors and customers as required.
You will also possess sound business acumen and will be familiar with HR and payroll business processes and will have demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding and the ability to operate in all areas of the Workday technical space.
You will also have an opportunity to specialize in any of the Workday technical streams – Integrations design authority, Cloud Platform, BIRT, integration impact assessment, integration Security and secure file transfer/encryption and act as the champion in these areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
• A broad knowledge of Workday HCM and Payroll;
• Ideally Workday Integrations Certified or Pro Accredited;
• Extensive knowledge of HR and Payroll business area and business processes;
• Experience of Workday integration design, build and delivery across the broad spectrum of Workday integration technology;
• Must possess advanced Workday Studio skills and expert knowledge of all other Workday integrations technology – EIB’s, Core Connectors, Payroll Interface, PECI;
• A broad and advanced understanding of secure file transfer and encryption. Managing the portfolio of Workday and GSK PGP, GPG, SSH and x509 keys. Ensuring compliance with GSK policy and standards;
• Experience of Workday Integration Security, and has experience of building and maintaining Integration ISU’s, ISSG’s, etc;
• Experience of Workday’s BIRT tool and designing, building and implementing BIRT based solutions in the HR and Payroll space;
• A good knowledge of Workdays Cloud Platform and its capabilities for cross application integration;
• Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management;
• Experience of working in a project environment and delivering simple to high complexity integration solutions;
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain customer trust and engagement;
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and the ability to analyse complex data sets;
• Able to manage and prioritise a competing work load and manage conflicting priorities and requirements.
Please ensure you apply before 30th March 2019 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.