Are you energized by networking with key opinion leaders and leveraging your broad scientific expertise? If so, this Clinical Pharmacology Principal Scientist role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Clinical Pharmacology Principal Scientist, You will be responsible for providing expertise in clinical pharmacology with focus on pharmacokinetics and for leading clinical research activities with focus on clinical pharmacology (phase I development) across therapeutic areas for clinical development projects, marke¬ted products (regulatory defense), and during evaluation of new product opportunities. You will ensure that high quality expertise is provided to meet state-of-the-art scientific, industry and regulatory standards
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
• Provide appropriate clinical pharmacology presence and contributions on GSK projects and clinical development plans following internally and externally negotiations.
• Prepare/review/contribute study protocols against state-of-the-art scientific and regulatory requirements and supervise the deliverables.
• Supervise study setup (in co-operation with Clinical Operations) and execution. Clinical research lead for clinical pharmacology trials
• Provide expert input during maintenance of regulatory approvals and during evaluation of new product opportunities.
• Supervise/ perform pharmacometric analyses
Why You?Basic qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD or MD in Life Sciences with advanced studies in clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Fluent in spoken and written English is prerequisite, knowledge of additional languages, in particular French, would be an asset
- Minimum of 8 years experience in pharmacokinetics.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry or CRO.
- Solid understanding of clinical drug development, preferably with advanced knowledge in at least one of GSK’s key therapeutic categories.
- Proven ability to effectively liaise and influence Internally and externally
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of pharmacometrics is preferred
- Experience or working in matrix across departmental lines
- Strong communication skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.