This program offers you an opportunity for you to develop new skills, knowledge and obtain a nationally recognized qualification in a trade.You will attend classes part-time, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical workshop experience. In addition, you will spend time in the production facility learning new skills while rotating through various engineering roles across the site. Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development. Your role may involve:
outside contractors, equipment manufacturers and vendors.
• Performs waste management operations safely and efficiently following local operating procedures. These includes incinerator operations, waste outsourcing operations, effluent stripper operations, aqueous waste treatment systems operations, waste water/effluent operations and solvent recovery operations
• Operate, test and inspect the defined utility system as per log sheet, PPMs or procedure to ensure safety, constant and reliable utility supply to the plant at all times so as to minimize disruption to the production process. The defined utilities include boiler system/steam generation, nitrogen supply, process water/newater supply
• Do routine mechanical and lubrication checks and where required, carries out early maintenance and repair using hand tools
• Ensures the batch and operating log sheets are correctly recorded and complied
• Communicates clearly with his colleagues and at the end of his shift, hand-over to his senior operations technicians highlighting Envops status and any items bearing on safety, quality and efficiency
• Ensure that statutory inspection schedule for boilers and stack emission are adhered to
Our recruitment process is rigorous and is designed to help both you and us determine if this is the right opportunity for you. Initially, you will be asked to complete an online application form which will include questions around your motivation for our Apprenticeship program and your interest in GSK. Our selection process will also include online assessments and a half-day group assessment.
The date of the Assessment Centre will be held on the 31 July 2018.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
Singaporean and Singapore PR ( program requirements)
No Color Blindness
Completed National Service for Male
No experience is required
No allergy to Penicillin ( job requirement)
Higher NITEC in Mechanical Engineering
Higher NITEC in Mechatronics Engineering
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its ‘Change the World list’ which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.