This is a unique opportunity as Implementation and Delivery Manager to manage GSK’s SOX scope in terms of setting, maintenance and implementation. As well as maintain the quality, and standards of SOX testing as performed by third party (contract management) and compliance champions (Champion network management). This includes c 30% of travel mainly to India but also GSK UK.
This includes but is not limited to:
1. Design and maintain SOX testing approach for controls and testing templates used by GSK and third-party control testers in accordance with most up-to-date COSO/SOX/UK or International accounting/auditing bodies.
2. Manage the GSK global contract with external service providers to ensure all services and service amendments (including sub-process audits) requested are reasonably priced, well explained, executed to the highest standards, and the customer is satisfied with said service.
3. Assess the third-party provider testing quality, service, and delivery and provide a report to the CFO/ARC. Provide evidence to external bodies when requested (SFO, DoJ)
4. Keep up-to-date with any regulations and guidelines relating to SOX, PCAOB and other relevant international and UK professional bodies impacting control effectiveness assessments and testing approach.
5. Drive for increased reliance of internal and external parties (GEC, Audit and Assurance as well as external auditors) on the CoE testing services.
6. Prepare and provide global training material, updates, and global communications and train out/present to testers, Compliance Champions, FRMC team members and third-party testers. This includes updates on PCAOB guidance, testing guidelines and SOX related timelines and cycle outcomes/status.
7. Responsible for ensuring adequate SOX scope, compliance to SOX methodology, feasibility of the plan and obtaining annual agreement (and any future significant amendment) from the third party, and GSK FRMC/compliance champions on the approach, testing plan, timeline, method of delivery and quality expected.
8. Obtain and validate SLA KPIs by following up with relevant parties to understand the results and resolve promptly any structural, strategic issues or significant escalation and involve/ keep informed key stakeholders as appropriate.
9. Continuous improvement: Continuously seek to improve ways of working through discussions with operations teams and other governance colleagues, including the use of latest testing, reporting and governance innovation. This encompasses scanning for continuous improvement opportunities to improve/replace the tool to support Self-service data extraction, analytics & visualization (replacing BWISE)
10. Manage any third-party providers for SOX coordination and administration of process and related systems (Access rights, structures, etc) Resolve any helpdesk tickets related to BWISE/SAP GRC etc...
11. For both internal GSK testers/champions and third-party providers, ensure reporting tool data is updated by relevant compliance champions with regards to validation of ownership/performance and then test results and remediation progress. Close monitoring of Cycle compliance (before and after) is required. This prepares for champions assessment and prepares for the governance manager reporting.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
As our new Implementation and Delivery Manager, you:
• Are a Qualified Accountant with an of ACCA /CA / CIA qualification
• Have 5 – 7 years of Post Qualified Experience
• Are an advanced proactive problem solver; Tech curious; broad risk assessment: external/ cultural/ business strategy impacts.
• Are an user and advisor of risk and control for new technologies (Analytics, Robotics, A.I., Blockchain, optical recognition tools..)
• Have high aptitude for change and continuous improvement
• SOX and PCAOB experience
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are creating a modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team who will work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in KL, Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our market and HQ Finance teams.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link:
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.