We have a unique opportunity for a Financial Controller to be part of the future of Finance as GSK develops our APAC Finance Hub in Malaysia. Working within our technology enabled finance hub, the Financial Controller will play a key role in creating a high performing team responsible for delivering Close and Control activities for APAC markets as well as deliver more complex accounting activities. You will help to build a world class finance function recognised by industry, the profession and our people.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Accountable for the reporting of financial results for the entities they are responsible for, with commentary including income, balance sheet and cash flow which is accurate and complete.
• Manage all aspects of the financial month end review process, including OE and Headcount reporting requirements, facilitating month end meetings, maintaining risk register & co-ordinating with all external partners.
• Ensure all aspects of the Inventory & Profit transfer release are well managed and P&L reporting is accurate
• Perform variance analysis for Balance Sheet, Operating expenses, Margins and Profitability, review financial information against historical run rates and future growth plans.
• Participate & contribute into business reviews meetings as appropriate
• Owns the Market balance sheet including write off / back decisions
• Ensure entities results are fully compliant with all relevant accounting standards, current best practice and any other regulations
• Ensure business complies with all aspects of the internal / external financial control environment, including published accounting papers and policies
• Sign-off of statutory results with in-market FD
• Supports and is responsible for the inputs to the external and internal financial audits
• Additional activities as required by the FD
Why You?Basic qualifications:
As our new Hub Financial Controller, you:
• Have extensive post qualification experience as Finance Controller, preferably within a similar operating model and the same sector
• Are a Qualified accountant
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are creating a modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team who will work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link:
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.