• Opportunity to work with a leading pharmaceutical company
• Based in Boronia
• Q2 2019 start date
Want to tackle some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges? Excited by the thought of an apprenticeship where you will transform the lives of others, as well as your own? We have an amazing opportunity for you to do just that through our Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship!
We are currently seeking entry level candidates for our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship Program.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a global company, delivering billions of innovative products every year, helping to boost the health of hundreds of millions worldwide. We’re looking for the next generation of bright, ambitious school leavers to help bring our products and medicines to even more people.
What does the apprenticeship involve?
Join us and you’ll focus on how we develop innovative medicines and healthcare products. You’ll learn from industry leaders, develop your skills through hands-on experience, enjoy a variety of work and training courses. You will benefit from fully funded study towards a nationally-recognised qualification. All while earning a competitive salary.
Our Apprenticeship program offers constant challenges ensuring you gain a breadth of experience while being closely supported.
You will develop mechanical skills and learn:
• How to maintain manufacturing and packaging equipment:
• Safely diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum efficiency;
• Maintain production equipment and carry out routine preventative maintenance;
• Diagnose and resolve breakdowns;
• Help design, install and test new equipment
• Basic welding, lubrication, machining, and equipment rebuild using a variety of factory/maintenance shop and specialty tools
How can I apply?
We’re delighted you are interested in our apprenticeship opportunity. Our recruitment process is designed to see if we’re right for each other and includes a short application form, our GSK online assessment, followed by our GSK Life job simulation and finally a half day assessment centre.
Sound exciting? Get started and submit your application online by clicking the link below. For more information about our Apprenticeship program visit our website at http://au.gsk.com/en-au/careers/apprenticeships/
Applications close 22nd February 2019.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship program, you will need to have the following:
• Eligible to work in Australia – You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Australia;
• VCE – Completion of High School Certificate;
• Year 12, or equivalent, Math & English – expected pass mark (or equivalent) of 60%;
• Must be 18 years of age by the 1st January 2019;
• If successful in the position you must be willing to enrol and meet entry requirements with one of GSK’s partnering TAFE’s in the preferred related instruction course;
• To be able to commute daily to GSK worksite and/ or related instruction facility;
• To be able to provide a copy of your Academic transcript on request.
• VCE as a pre-Apprenticeship
• Experience in pharmaceutical or FDA interfacing industry
• Experience (less than 2 years) in engineering or technical role (intern or shadowing opportunity)
GlaxoSmithKline is a global research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company. GSK is bound by a global promise to keep patients’ interests at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with ethical approaches to all our activities, access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.