Our pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Boronia is GSK's largest manufacturing facility in the Southern Hemisphere exporting to over 30 markets around the world. It is also the fourth-largest sterile facility housing a state-of-the-art Blow-Fill-Seal production line.
Our mission at GSK is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own highly talented team and are committed to supporting, rewarding & developing our employees within a safe, supportive and inspiring work place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Packaging Technologist with strong manufacturing experience to join our Boronia based team. As the technical expert for packaging materials on site your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
• Establishing, improving, validating and managing all technical specifications of packaging components.
• Accountability for delivering all packaging design changes including but not limited to new product introductions, product transfers and site changes.
• Creating and maintaining packaging component drawings, specifications and bills of material
• Providing technical and analytical packaging input and support to assist with problem solving and to support and improve production activities on site.
• Maintaining a strong relationship with manufacturing, procurement, regulatory and global teams and external suppliers.
• Project Management for packaging component or equipment related projects.
• Making an active contribution to site change control processes relating to packaging.
To be successful you will have:
• Experience in a Packaging Technologist role within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with cartons, flow wrap and blister packaging technology and products.
• Knowledge of the performance of packaging component materials and processes (e.g foil, plastic,board, vanish, glues, inks etc)
• Relevant technical degree such as Science or Engineering and/or a diploma or post graduate qualification in Packaging.
• Experience in GMP or highly regulated environment (preferred)
• Experience in packaging development related to new products, including development of packaging design, technical transfer, process and packaging configuration validation.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a complex matrix environment.
• Experience in a lean manufacturing environment (preferred)
• A continuous improvement outlook and autonomous working style.
At GSK we have more than 100,000 employees working towards a common purpose; access to healthcare for all. How will you help us achieve it?
If you are looking for a career with purpose then please apply using the link below.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
Experience in a Packaging Technologist role within a manufacturing environment.
Relevant technical degree such as Science or Engineering and/or a diploma or post graduate qualification in Packaging.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is an innovative global leader in pharmaceutical research and development with a long and proud history in Australia. We are a patient focused organisation with a mission to improve the quality of human life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our diverse business is made up of three areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.