• Opportunity to work with a leading pharmaceutical company
• Based in Boronia
• January 2018 start date
Are you looking for an exciting alternative to university? One that offers you the chance to take on the global health challenges of today and tomorrow? If so, the GSK Apprentice Program could be for you. Our program is designed to create the mechanics of the future.
GSK is currently seeking entry level candidates for our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Apprenticeship Program.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world-leading pharmaceutical company with a mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We employ 100,000 people in over 115 countries, and our work covers three main areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
What does the apprenticeship involve?
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Apprenticeship is a paid, four-year program and an opportunity for you to develop new skills, knowledge and obtain a nationally recognised qualification in a trade. You will attend classes part-time, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical workshop experience. In addition, you will spend time in the production facility learning new skills while rotating through various engineering roles across the site. Your rotations may include time in manufacturing, packaging, or maintenance
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development.
Your role may involve:
• Developing mechanical skills such as basic welding, lubrication, machining, and equipment rebuild using a variety of factory/maintenance shop and specialty tools;
• Safely diagnosing equipment problems and taking corrective action to achieve optimum efficiency;
• Maintaining production equipment and carrying out routine preventative maintenance;
• Diagnosing and resolving breakdowns;
• Helping design, install and test new equipment
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Apprenticeship program, you will need:
• Eligible to work in Australia – You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Australia;
• VCE – Completion of High School Certificate;
• Year 12, or equivalent, Math & English – expected pass mark (or equivalent) of 60%;
• Year 11, or equivalent, Physics – pass (or equivalent) mark of 60%;
• Must be 18 years of age by the 1st January 2018;
• If successful in the position you must be willing to enrol and meet entry requirements with one of GSK’s partnering TAFE’s in the preferred related instruction course;
• To be able to commute daily to GSK worksite and/ or related instruction facility;
• To be able to provide a copy of your Academic transcript on request.
What are the next steps?
Our recruitment process is rigorous and is designed to help both you and us determine if this is the right opportunity for you. Initially, you will be asked to complete an online application form which will include questions around your motivation for our Apprenticeship program and your interest in GSK. Our selection process will also include online assessments and a half-day group assessment.
How can I apply?
Please submit your application online by clicking on the link below. For more information about our Apprenticeship program visit our website at http://au.gsk.com/en-au/careers/apprenticeships/
Application closing date: 13th November 2017
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Work rights for Australia
- VCE - Completion of High School Certificate
- Year 12 Math & English (min pass mark 60%)
- Year 11 Physics (min pass mark 60%)
- Must be 18 years of age by 1st Jan 2018
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite & related instruction facility
- If successful in the position you must be willing to enrol and meet entry requirements with one of GSK's partnering TAFE's in the preferred related instruction course
VCE as a mechanical pre Apprenticeship
Year 12 High school Physics
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.