• Good command of English, both verbally and in writing,
• Required 3 years of experience in an IT industry ,
• Experience of SQL to query and update databases, especially with Oracle and SQL Server,
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly,
• A degree in IT or a scientific degree with IT experience.
• Proven programming experience, with C# or Java being desirable, and an understanding of code management principles,
• Knowledge and experience of ITIL,
• Experience or working with GxP,
• Knowledge of Labware, as a product, or other Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) or Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) solutions,
• Experience of the industries that use Labware (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Petro-chemical, etc.) would be desirable.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you’ll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you’ll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
For R&D to be able to continue to find and develop new medicines, it relies on IT. Not only does R&D IT keep core systems running but we help the business continuously improve through tools that drive and support our world-class clinical trial study planning and monitoring systems.
We are looking for candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization and evolve to roles of increasing importance.
• Support the Labware IT Solution in providing and efficient and effective service to our R&D business,
• Incident and Problem Management, including ticket management,
• Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas,
• Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service.
What we offer:
• Training and certificates,
• Supportive atmosphere,
• English in practice,
• Remote work,
• Integration events,
• Remote work,
• Stability of employment,
• Sport and recreation package,
• Private medical coverage.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Please note that interviews for these roles will commence from ASAP, due to the short recruitment period we would appreciate your flexibility in attending interviews asap.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.