• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• At least 1-3 years of instrumentation/automation/control systems engineering experience
• Prior experience in the design, programming, start-up, or troubleshooting of industrial control systems, such as motion/servo controllers, variable frequency drives, PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, SQL databases and reports, industrial communication networks, process instrumentation, and up to 480V electrical control equipment.
• Prior experience performing system qualification, such as FAT/SAT, commissioning, and IQ/OQ validation.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in a cGMP regulated industry
The Automation Engineer will support site-wide automation systems and activities. The Automation Engineer will develop, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial control systems for the site that includes manufacturing, packaging, utilities, labs, building control, and fire and security systems. The Automation Engineer will be a key member of the project management teams for major projects ensuring GSK standards for automation technology are met, helping keep the projects on-time and on-budget, and participate as key team member in validation efforts for automation to ensure proper execution of testing with both site employees and contractors. This opening will be off shift (either 2nd shift 14:00-22:30 or 3rd shift 22:00 – 06:30)
• Function as an area specific technical expert for all questions and issues related to instrumentation and control systems. Be proficient in current automation technology and GSK standards, attend conferences, develop technical expertise, conduct onsite training, etc.
• Provide guidance in the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems, ensuring alignment with GSK standards and regulatory expectations.
• Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures and training programs for instrumentation and control systems.
• Support troubleshooting efforts with operators, electro-mechanical technicians, and process equipment engineers during times of equipment or control system malfunction. Assist with deviation investigations for areas of expertise; lead investigations when appropriate.
• Participate and assist in driving continuous improvement. Analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses to build reliability and robustness into the control systems.
• As a team member, work in cooperation with the Validation department to develop and execute validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ) for GMP instrumentation and control systems.
• Work with project managers to ensure that projects for scope, schedule, and cost are on track, as well as interface with users, peers, management, and global counterparts to ensure stakeholder requirements are understood and integrated into the project scope. Manage automation software vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications and are delivered as required.
• Participate in departmental, corporate, and external regulatory audits and inspections.
• Demonstrate a serious commitment to personnel and process safety during automatic process operations and during troubleshooting activities. Participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies, Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA), and other safety initiatives and programs.
• Function as a key contact regarding subjects for other sites and outside contacts, receive information, and distribute to appropriate members of the site. Participate in global procedures development and other global initiatives in area of expertise to provide key response from Marietta, to ensure the site needs are being addressed, and improve the site’s standing among the global organization.
• Other responsibilities assigned by the manager.
• Familiarity with current GxP and NIH guidelines for large scale recombinant biological processing, including secondary manufacturing such as sterilization, vial filling, lyophilization, packaging equipment, clean utilities, and HVAC systems.
• Familiarity with relevant European and US regulatory requirements (electronic records and signatures, change control, validation).
• Self-starter capable of adapting quickly and working with minimal or no supervision in unfamiliar, complex, and critical situations.
• Ability to provide leadership to generate options, resolves problems, prioritize, and select optimal solutions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and influence individuals within a team environment.
• Fundamental business understanding.
• Committed team player prepared to work in and embrace a multi-disciplined team-based culture.
• Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner.
• Ability to maintain attention to detail, accuracy, and right-first-time quality mindset, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting goals or deadlines.
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.