• BS with 4+ years of experience or MS with 1+ years of experience
• Degree must be in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering
• Hands-on understanding of different purification techniques such as chromatography and tangential flow filtration and associated instrumentation such as Akta chromatography systems and Unicorn software.
• Hands-on experience with bioanalytical assays associated with purification processes, such as SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, HPLC, etc.
• Additional hands-on experience and understanding of process systems at pilot scale is desirable
• Experience with high throughput protein purification techniques is a plus
• Knowledge of technology transfer
• Knowledge of Design of Experiments and process characterization
• Good understanding of cGMP and manufacturing, and regulatory requirements for filing and registration of vaccine and/or biologics
Technical Research and Development – Drug Substance is looking for an associate scientist who would join the Downstream group to assist in the development of purification processes for novel antigens or viruses used for clinical and commercial development.
• Assist in the purification process development for novel vaccine antigen candidates
• Perform process development work in chromatography, ultra-filtration, etc., for viral sub-unit antigen production and/or viral vector production
• Must be able execute experiments independently
• Contribute to the development and transfer of downstream processes
• Work on multiple projects internally, at other sites and at external manufacturers requiring initiative and judgment
• The qualified candidate must be able to effectively work with diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries and members at various levels in organization
• Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision in a matrix environment and contribute to multiple projects
• Help to solve complex problems through analytical thinking to identify and understand alternatives using knowledge gained through formal education, experience and sound judgment.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.