• BS with 4+ years of experience or MS with 1+ years of experience (preferably in industrial setting)
• Degree must be in a scientific discipline
• Hands-on and in-depth understanding of different protein characterization techniques and associated instrumentation such as HPLC/UPLC (RPC, SEC, IEX), etc.
• Hands-on experience with bioanalytical assay development and qualification of large molecule, such as ELISA, BLI/Octet and/or SPR based assays, PCR and cell based assays
• Additional hands-on experience and understanding of biophysical techniques. Experience with automation platform would be desirable. Good understanding of cGMP, pharmacopea testing and regulatory requirements for filing and registration of vaccine and/or biologics
•Assist in the development and execution of high-throughput analytical methods in support of process development for novel vaccine antigen candidates
• Perform chromatography, immunoassay, and other analytical method development in support of vaccine process and product development programs.
• Must be able execute experiments independently.
• Contribute to the development and transfer of analytical release and characterization assays in support of viral vaccine process development, upstream and downstream process development.
• Work on multiple projects internally, at other sites and at external manufacturers requiring initiative and judgment.
• The qualified candidate must be able to effectively partner with diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries and members at various levels in organization.
• Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision in a matrix environment and effectively manage multiple projects.
• Solves complex problems through analytical thinking to identify and understand alternatives using knowledge gained through formal education, experience and sound judgment.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.