Set-up, maintain and repair Pilot Plant Equipment to maximise plant availability and minimise product changeover times within the framework of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and EHS.
• Responsible for trouble shooting and repairing equipment in the Pilot Plant.
• Decide on the trouble shooting approach to be taken and determine whether external resources (i.e. mechanical, instrument, automation or electrical) are required.
• Coordinate external resources, to trouble shoot and repair equipment in the shortest time possible.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance activities.
• Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out safely, cost effectively and to a very high quality.
Product Turnarounds and Minor Projects
• Lead a team of PEC plant fitters in disassembling and re-assembling activities for product changeovers.
• Install mobile equipment and make piping configuration changes to set-up the plant for production
• Carry out implementation activities for minor plant modifications and capital projects, in line with defined specifications and budget.
• Supervise fabrication activities in the Pilot Plant workshop and at external fabricators.
• Communicate with the Shift Superintendent to prioritise the various maintenance and trouble shooting activities to be performed and report on the progress of all actions and on any escalation activities performed.
• Liaise with shift based Mechanical Technicians on other plants, as well as with mechanical and electrical technicians in GMS Engineering Departments, the Automation Team and external contractors when external maintenance resources are required.
• Recommend spares to be kept as stock and tools to be purchased.
• Take personal responsibility for quality in all aspects of maintenance work that impact product quality.
• All work to be carried out in accordance to the permit-to-work system.
• Prepare trouble shooting and maintenance procedures.
• Train the Pilot Plant Instrument Technicians in basic Mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
• Ensure the cost effectiveness of all maintenance jobs by initiating and implementing Lean Sigma activities focusing on equipment reliability and maintenance standardisation.
• Provide timely technical advice to other departments to assist in continuous improvement processes.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• ITC / NTC / Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical studies
• Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical, chemical or related industry
• Experience in DCS and SAP applications will be an advantage
• A self motivated and good team player with commitments to GMP, EHS compliance aspects of plant operation
• Possess good problem solving skills & flexible attitude
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.