Retail Product Expert (IT)
Purpose of this job is supporting Product Director and Owner in roadmap deployment of Retail Execution products.
The Retail Product Expert (IT) leads the review of value propositions and functional design of the product, supports strategic planning of product roadmaps and is responsible for driving delivery, in cooperation with vendors as well as internal product teams.
• Supporting Retail Execution strategy development and activation in the region, collaborating with Product Manager/Owner, IT BPs and Sales Excellence teams to translate global strategy into regional roadmaps
• Providing global business process analysis expertise for Sales systems across all Retail Channels (KAM, Distributor, Pharmacy, Merchandizing, Shopper)
• Developing and maintaining deep understanding of Sales Excellence processes, systems and objectives: Internal Business capabilities development, industry-wide practices and trends, mainstream systems development methodologies, analysis techniques, and consequent target system guidance.
• Being key point of contact for local/regional engagements,
• Managing new incoming demand from markets and leading assessment and definition of local needs, as well as benefits cases, identification of options and solution analysis
• Partnering with in-house and external Support & Delivery teams throughout the product delivery lifecycle from activation to BAU release management
• Owning End-to-end backlog coordination
• Ensuring high adoption of product features across markets
• Tracking CRM innovations and adopting them into product to facilitate performance of sales teams and positively impact consumer experience.
• Finding and judging strategic solutions for business process changes.
• Using agile methodologies for frequent value delivery.
• Support Product Director in Strategic planning of product roadmap including industry best practises and product design decisions
• Cooperating with vendors to influence future extensions of their product
• Developing required level of technical knowledge of the applications supported
• Supporting the planning, reporting and portfolio activities, including budgeting
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Economy, IT, Business analysis,
• Good communications and networking skills
• Is familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information technology services
• Has the ability to make relevant technical decisions, initiating actions to resolve operational issues
• Knowledge of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
• Shows problem solving attitude
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Communication skills are required to articulate changes clearly and identify what kind of support is required from counterparts.
• Understanding of sales-related business processes are required to cooperate with Business stakeholders
• Understanding of sales-related (commercial excellence) business processes
• The fundamentals of business analysis and IT background are necessary to allow the ability to quickly triage problems to most likely categories in order to propose solutions.
• Background in IT systems consulting and business analysis /IT project/ product delivery
• Product Management, Business Analysis, Agile methodologies,
• Understanding IT processes, Experience in Vendor management and People management,
• Highly developed problem-solving skills,
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders at senior levels
• Extensive interpersonal skills
• Fluent English
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and/or CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 3rd July 2019.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.