Under the direction, guidance and supervision of the Medical Director, the ongoing responsibilities of the MAM are:
• Support and enable GSK to achieve its business objectives by delivering ‘in-the-field’ scientific engagement with healthcare professionals and public health decision makers to provide scientific and medical information, identify and manage scientific projects and clinical trial activities, compliantly in line with GSK standard operating procedures and local codes of practice, guidelines and laws
• Gain valuable insight and feedback from the healthcare community on GSK products and services, medical and scientific information which can help guide research, development and service provision to benefit GSK’s customers and patients as well as supporting internal stakeholders
• Develop and implement Medical Strategic Plan/s and Scientific Engagement activities and lead internal and external (customer facing) medical projects for the assigned franchise/ portfolio of products
• Support Medical Governance (compliance to GSK Code, PHAP Code, and other relevant guidelines) in the assigned franchise/portfolio of products and contribute to risk review and management monitoring activities
• Provide medical and technical expertise to scientific submissions; and to marketing & sales in the production, review and approval of promotional materials and activities. Final sign off on allocated promotional materials.
• Develop an effective communication network and working relationships with relevant global GSK functions.
• Manage the priorities, workloads and development of direct reports (if applicable)
Why You?Basic qualifications:
You must have/be:
• Training on Evidence Based Medicine and/or clinical epidemiology is desirable
• Sound understanding on Good Clinical Practices and SOPs
• Can understand scientific methods and experimental designs
• Strong influencing, negotiation skills with different types of internal and external stakeholders
• Team player, problem solver with clear focus on end result
• Excellent in written and oral communication skills
You must have a degree in Medicine; Specialization in pediatrics or pediatric infectious disease is preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
Budgeting and cost-consciousness
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.