To enable people to do more, feel better, live longer by consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients and consumers, through a best-in-class, integrated supply chain.
Responsible for providing an Engineering and Supply service to Secondary Operations for Utilities and Facilities, ensuring capacity and availability of these services to meet the business demands. This will be achieved through the leadership, management, mentoring, coaching and development of the Secondary Utilities and Facilities Engineering team, the introduction of new technologies, processes and ways of working. This will be carried out in accordance with current statutory, regulatory and company EHS, Quality and Engineering standards.
Success will be demonstrated through improving Key Performance Indicators for EHS, Quality, Secondary Utilities and Facilities Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), small project delivery, development of a capable and competent team and improving Cost of Goods (COG’s) through reducing appropriate Utilities and Facilities cost per unit measures.
To manage operate and control, the engineering utilities operation and owned areas.
To ensure that the utilities operations at Worthing supply efficient utilities that ensure the business satisfies the customer needs. Ensure that all areas owned by the engineering group are operated and maintained to acceptable GSK standards.
Manage team in accordance with GSK leadership principles, procedures and guidelines.
Accountable for all facilities / Utilities operations and Equipment in the defined geographic to ensure equipment areas are
maintained / installed and operated to meet cGMP, safety, environmental, statutory, regulatory and customer requirements within agreed expenditure budgets and guidelines defined by the Engineering BU.
• Ownership and control of utilities operational budget.
• Develop and implement a utilities strategy to ensure security of supply.
• Manage and direct the work of the operations staff and area owners within the section and ensure adequate controls are in place at all times
Accountable for the development and advancement of the Utilities and owned areas strategy in line with cGMP, safety,
environmental, statutory, regulatory and the Engineering Business Unit requirements for the geographical / equipment
areas of responsibility.
• Identify investment / improvement opportunities and lead the preparation of Capital Investment Proposals and FMP’s within the geographic and equipment areas of responsibility. Ensure that the site and customer requirements on approved Capital budgets are clearly specified to those responsible for direct control of the project and to monitor implementation of these requirements.
• On specified projects to undertake responsibility for cost estimating and for technical and commercial control of projects ensuring completion to specified budget and programme. To coordinate the TLE role for project in the geographical area
• To ensure that all changes managed within the unit are suitable safety assessed, Risk assessed and documents are performed/ generated to ensure a safe and compliance place of work is maintained at all times
• Responsible for ensuring the continuous efficient supply of all utilities required by the Worthing Site are continuously maintained and supplied at the correct specification and at the most economic cost. To ensure that continuous improvement methodologies are implemented and reviewed to ensure maximum efficiency / productivity.
• To ensure that adequate stocks of materials and spares are maintained and documented to support utilities supply and area ownership responsibilities within the geographic and equipment areas of responsibility and that these align to the agreed strategies and budgets.
EHS/ Zero Accidents;
• Provide a working environment and ensure all activities undertaken by you and your team are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS standards, procedures and systems.
• Promote a zero tolerance culture towards unsafe activities to drive a Zero Accident operation.
Quality/ Zero Defects;
• Ensure all activities undertaken by you and your team are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and
company cGMP and Engineering standards, procedures and systems.
• Promote a Right First Time culture for projects and services provided, to deliver a Zero Defect operation.
Operational Excellence/Zero Waste;
• Coach your team to utilise Operational Excellence tools and techniques to optimise the service standard and delivery performance to meet the business objectives.
• Develop improvement strategies for utilities to deliver a Zero Waste performance.
• Deliver Products of Value at Optimal Cost;
• Provide a cost effective engineering maintenance service that maximises OEE while meeting the
• requirements of Secondary production operations.
• Deliver projects and engineering services to the site business Customer(s) On Time In Full.
• Generate project proposals, designs and plans which are technically robust that deliver optimum return on investment (ROI).
• Develop, manage and deliver the annual budget to meet the business objectives for your area of operation.
• Manage and report financial data necessary for governance of projects and revenue budgets.
Team/ Investing in our Winning Team;
• Build, develop and sustaining the knowledge, capability and competency within your team to support
ongoing and changing technologies employed to meet the business objectives.
• Create and sustain a working environment that promotes the GSK Values and Behaviours.
• Resource and manage the appropriate engineering teams to develop and deliver projects, or provision of services, to meet the needs of the business.
Connect across GSK to Drive Performance;
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with Operations, Process Support, Quality, Shared
• Service and Secondary Engineering teams.
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with other sites and above site groups to deliver cross division benefits.
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with 3rd Party specialist companies engaged in delivering
projects or providing services.
• Ensure that key GSK team members are engaged when developing novel solutions with external
• To drive activities that will have a wider or longer term effect than a specific action designed to
address a particular customer issue or problem.
• Take personal responsibility for supporting and developing others by acting as a coach or mentor, by
• allocating important projects and challenging responsibilities to others for the purpose of their development.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
• 5 years in a Secondary Pharmaceutical Engineering
• Management role.
• Minimum greenbelt in Lean Sigma or willingness to train
• Excellent communication skills, Sound competence in key computer packages
• Strategic thinking, Excellent influencing abilities, Completing and finishing, sound judgment and decisions making, Clear and decisive thinking
• Excellent Tech engineering understanding over a broad range of e/I disciplines.
• Excellent ambassadorial abilities
• Strong mature character able to act authoritative in negotiation situations
• Selection and Management of 3rd Party Service providers.
• Project management skills.
• Maintenance planning and control.
• Effective demonstration of managing engineering utilities & facilities and upholding standards in a practical environment.
• Knowledge of external institutions, authorities and benchmark organizations in engineering practice, skills development, assessment and accreditation
Any related qualification will be a plus
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.