This is a unique opportunity to be part of our new APAC Finance Hub in KL, Malaysia. As Finance Planning & Forecasting Lead, you will play a key role in creating a high performing team of key finance and accounting professionals delivering holistic support to our businesses across APAC markets.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Leading the Regional Finance Planning & Forecasting activities and supporting a team of Planning and Forecasting analysts.
• Working with Corporate team to prepare in-market annual budget and communicate them to in-market finance teams
• Generate first cut of the of the Long-Range Forecasts
• Creating, updating and maintaining financial models to provide detailed monthly and quarterly forecasts for the market
• Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
• Preparing internal management reports for executive leadership and supporting their decision making
• Completing ad-hoc reporting requests from in-market finance teams or the FD
• Understand the link between plan & actuals, analyse variations and partner with the business to define future growth plans.
• Responsible to work with business partners to finalise plan/ forecasts/ management reports
• Responsible for the plan activities and draft management reports
• Responsible for managing the core commercial cycle
• Being the point of contact for all management reporting questions
• Responsible for creation, update and maintenance of the financial models for annual plan and monthly & quarterly forecasts
• Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts & performing trend analysis
Why You?Basic qualifications:
As our new Finance Planning & Forecasting Lead, you:
• Have a University degree in Business Administration or Finance, MBA desirable
• Demonstrable post qualification experience within a similar industry
• Have budgeting, forecasting and reporting experience
• Leadership experience and interacting with senior stakeholders
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are creating a modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team who will work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in KL, Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our market and HQ Finance teams.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link:
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.