We have an exciting opportunity for Hub Assistant Financial Controllers to provide financial accounting, controlling & reporting support as part of our newly created APAC Finance Hub in Malaysia. This includes Close and Control activities for APAC markets as well as delivering more complex accounting activities. This position is a fantastic opportunity to deepen your accounting & reporting capabilities and develop your career.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Contribute to the reporting of financial results for entities under responsibility with commentary including income, balance sheet and cash flow; responsible for smaller entities
• Assist with certain aspects of the financial month end review process,
- Manage Operating Expenditure and all reporting requirements (including OE & Headcount Reporting).
- Review / processing of Opex provisions, accruals, standard journals etc.
• Ensure entities results are fully compliant with all relevant accounting standards, current best practice and any other regulations
• Work through the more complex aspect of Inventory accounting & Profit transfer:
- Maintain PIR (Purchase Info Record) of all SKUs for both markets, with standard cost, repacking cost, Profit Release, Net Cost. Update for new SKU. Review against SAP / ICT each month end and post necessary adjustments / investigate and escalate as required, and provide commentary to FD
- Review ICT month end, GRNI, Stock Revaluation etc and ensure P&L reporting is accurate
- Work with Supply Chain on Short Dated and Obsolete Stock reporting / forecasting
- Analysis of Supply Chain costs and Freight Allocations, providing commentary where required
• Tightly controls transaction activity that operates in line with global processes and incorporates best practice financial controls
• Support the entity balance sheets review, including approval of critical reconciliations
• Review of accounting papers
• Contact point and liaison for internal & external Audit. Ensure compliance with all requirements encompassing data integrity and evidence of process and accuracy.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
As our new Hub Assistant Financial Controller, you:
• Are University educated in Finance, Accountancy, Business, Economics or IT.
• Have field experience in Financial Accounting & Reporting, preferably in a multinational company.
• Have proficient financial knowledge of analysis, with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in excel & other databases, including use of advanced formulas.
• Have experience of robust internal control environment, ideally Sarbanes Oxley added
• Have coordination, planning and organisation skills
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are creating a modern and technology-led regional Finance Hub team who will work together with colleagues from across Finance to support our businesses across APAC in delivering the best outcome for our patients and consumers. Our new Finance Hub team in Malaysia will be part of a global network of regional Finance hubs to share best practice and knowledge working closely with our HQ Finance teams.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link:
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.