GSK is currently seeking entry level candidates for SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme - Process Technician.
The SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP) is for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are within three years of either graduation from the ITE and polytechnics or the Operationally Ready Date for National Servicemen.
You will attend classes part-time, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical workshop experience. In addition, you will spend time in the production facility learning new skills while rotating through various engineering roles across the site. Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development.
For Process Technician, your role may involve:
1. Performs batch / unit or ancillary operations safely and efficiently following standard operating procedures and as necessary, leads technicians in unit operations. Takes in process samples and carries out checks using analytical instruments.
2. Do routine mechanical and lubrication checks and where required, carries out early maintenance and repair using hand tools.
3. Performs materials handling and movement using hand-pallet trucks, forklift or other material handling equipment.
4. Ensures that batch and operating log sheets are correctly recorded and complied.
5. Communicates clearly with his superintendent and colleagues and at the end of his shift, hand-over to his senior operations technician highlighting production status and any items bearing on safety, quality and efficiency.
6. Do engineering-related work with technicians during process runs, plant configuration during the campaign change over or maintenance using hand-tools. E.g.: filters change, equipment replacement and other plant-care type engineering work. Prepares plant and equipment for engineering maintenance.
7. Inspects and maintains house-keeping of his assigned area for clean and safe working conditions as well as ensuring that personal protection equipment, safety and fire-fighting equipment are maintained ready for use.
8. Carries out fire fighting / first-aid duties as assigned and trained.
9. Perform plant trouble shooting using appropriate problem solving tool to minimize plant stoppages and safety or quality incidents. Raise improvement ideas and implement initiatives to support department objectives.
10. Carries out other related duties as assigned by the superintendent, production leader or senior technicians.
Our recruitment process is rigorous and is designed to help both you and us determine if this is the right opportunity for you. Initially, you will be asked to complete an online application form which will include questions around your motivation for our Apprenticeship program and your interest in GSK. Our selection process will also include online assessments and a half-day group assessment.
The Apprentice Program for Process Technician role will approximately start during August 2019 to October 2019 period.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
SkillsFuture Earn & Learn program criteria:
1. Singaporean (core priority) or Singapore PR only (Program/Grant requirement)
2. Education Qualification: NITEC in Chemical Process technology (GPA>+2.0) OR Higher NITEC in Chemical Technology OR Higher NITEC in Biotechnology
3. Have already completed National Service for male
GSK Site requirement:
1. No color blindness (job requirement)
2. No Allergy to Penicillin (job requirement)
For Process Technician:
1. Higher Nitec in Chemical technology
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its ‘Change the World list’ which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.