We are currently recruiting for a Intern – Regulatory Affairs under our Consumer Healthcare Business Unit. This role is responsible to assist in dossier preparation and/or compilation for new submissions, variations, and other regulatory filings in Malaysia and Brunei via efficient coordination with global offices and/or site plants for timely submission and product launch/supply continuity.
• Regulatory intelligence tracking and development of familiarity with on-line regulatory submissions in Malaysia
• Development of Consumer Medication Information Leaflets in alignment to GSK Global Data Sheet and external regulatory requirements.
• Design, population, and/or maintenance of internal trackers for management reporting
• Maintenance of filling systems and required regulatory compliance databases and processes e.g. Poison Records and CXOpal
• Product license maintenance /cancellation to meet internal and external compliance requirements
• Assist with dispatch of regulatory packages to health authorities and obtaining document translations/notarization/legalization if needed
• General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, mailing and distribution of incoming correspondences
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree or Final Year Student in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutically related science (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biology and Medical Engineering)
• Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
• Professional written and communication skills
• Team work and good time management skills with ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Works with a spirit of continuous improvement and innovation, creatively open to new ideas and methods
• Strong general computer literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Insight and experience within Pharmaceutical industry is an added advantage but not essential
What We Can Offer You
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences.
We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world’s leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
At Consumer Healthcare, we bring products to millions of people across three categories – Oral Health, Wellness, Nutrition and Skin Health. Many of our brands such as Panadol, Scott’s, Sensodyne and Horlicks are familiar around the world. Our brands have been carefully made available to build consumers’ trust and loyalty, through maintaining the highest standards in safety and efficacy, whilst bringing new innovations to the market place.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.