GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a “Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics” and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result we are looking for an Azure & Power BI Technical Specialist to join our Digital, Data, Analytics & Innovation division.
The demand pipeline for this new platform at GSK is already significant and is growing. The business response to the platform is excellent and forward-looking business requirements for advanced and predictive analytics are emerging.
You will be joining a fast developing team and this role will give you the chance to fully leverage your significant technical capabilities. If you have very deep Azure platform capabilities and are looking for a role that will give you the chance to break into Data Science, this is the role for you.
• Expertise: We envision the Azure Platform Specialist/Architect to be the go-to technical expert for development level activity on the Azure & Power BI Analytics platform being implemented at GSK. See below for expected technical qualifications.
• Acceleration & Quality: You will work in close partnership with Architecture, Development & Operations resources and use your technical expertise and aptitude to assist in a full spectrum of activities across those areas.
• Forward Looking: As a technical expert, you will also be relied upon to conduct forward looking prototypes, including in the Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics arena. Additional responsibilities will include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. You will keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
As a rough guide expect 40% of the role to be technical expertise focused, 40% of the role to be focused on assisting the development and operations teams on an as-needed basis on a wide range of platform topics and the remaining 20% to be forward looking & prototype/pipeline focused. We also envision this specialist to work closely with the enterprise GSK platforms team on platform provisioning activities.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with a high quality and forward looking Data & Analytics team. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Significant experience in Azure & Power BI based analytics and big data solutions and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
• Experience of the Azure analytics component suite, plus Power BI & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
• Specifically you would be expected to be very capable with Data Lake Analytics, Data Factory and Azure Analysis Services (including DAX) front-ended by Power BI and you can expect to be implementation-tested on these technologies during interview.
• A development background in a multi-paradigm language (ideally C# or equivalent languages e.g. Scala or Java) would be expected.
• A capability for Data Science and Machine Learning will put you at a huge advantage when applying for this role. If you have these capabilities please make that clear at interview and you will be given the chance to demonstrate your knowledge.
• Experience as a Microsoft specialist and have been an early adopter of Azure with a demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms.
• Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and “schema-on-read” methodologies.
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company is a plus.
• Experience with HD Insight, particularly Spark implementations or DataBricks would be a Bonus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
• Excellent written, diagrammatic and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with data modeling and distributed data architecture concepts would be a bonus.
• Knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts is a must.
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.