In this role, you’ll work with a small global team in Tech Infrastructure Operations, with people who have strong technical skills just like you, and together you’ll develop and provide support for a range of existing security-related user-facing services. You’ll be dealing with technical staff in related teams (cyber security, networks, perimeter, mobility, hosting, identity access management, service desk) as well as people in GSK and at external 3rd Parties who rely on these key services every day to get their job done.
• Develop and support services for GSK’s External Access Services group which provides key services including employee remote access (VPN), Secure File Transfer (SFT), Accelerated File Transfer (AFT), Web Services Security Gateway (WSSG), iPad and 3rd Party SSL VPN access, Remote Application Access (Citrix) and RADIUS authentication for GSK WiFi.
• Assist to specify, engineer, configure, operate and maintain a variety of security and network hardware, software and services which staff and external partners rely on to do their job every day.
• Monitor work queues for incident and request tickets, prioritise and respond accordingly, working with users and GSK Tech colleagues to fulfil requests efficiently.
• Assist with maintenance activities including hardware and software upgrades and configuration changes, focusing on minimizing disruption and strictly following Change Management processes.
• Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve these IT services to operate more efficiently, enhance security and improve usability and the customer experience
• Provide guidance and training to 1st and 2nd level technical support teams
• Perform technical lead on tasks for small to medium projects, contribute to enterprise-wide change programs
• Effectively work in global, matrix teams across GSK Tech, business units and with Third Party suppliers, IT service providers and GSK business partners.
You are a passionate IT Specialist, External Access Services with the following attributes:
- Bachelors or Associate degree in related position with at least 3 years’ experience or significant equivalent experience in a related role.
- Good understanding of networking (IPv4/v6, TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, split tunnelling, etc.)
- Experience configuring and operating IT infrastructure
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in a related technical area of IT such as networks, Windows/VM hosting, firewalls, perimeter security, cybersecurity, remote access, mobility connectivity, authentication
- Previous experience working in a highly-regulated environment
- Experience with ITIL service management framework, Agile and Lean/Six Sigma process improvement techniques is an advantage
- Passionate with interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Experience in any of the following areas is not a must but would be a distinct advantage
• Enterprise VPNs (e.g. Barracuda, Aruba, Cisco, Pulse Secure, Palo Alto Network)
• SSL VPN and Security access gateways (e.g. Citrix Netscaler, Juniper, Pulse Secure, F5)
• Enterprise Managed File Transfer / Secure File Transfer (e.g. Axway, IBM, Acronis)
• Application Firewalls (e.g. Layer 7, Axway, IBM)
• Web Services Security Gateway (IBM DataPower, Apigee, Kong API)
• Virtualization & Citrix hosting services (e.g Citrix Storefront, Edgesight, XenApp, XenDesktop)
- Experience in these technology areas would be useful:
• Enterprise firewalls
• Web proxies, load balancers, traffic shapers, WAN optimizers, SD-WAN.
• Windows powershell, basic UNIX & programming language (XML, HTML) skills
What We Can Offer You
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its ‘Change the World list’ which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.