We are currently recruiting for a Security & Fire Safety Executive to join our Global Manufacturing & Supply plant based in Ulu Klang. This role will mainly be responsible to implement and monitor physical measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to GSK premises and to provide a secure environment for staff
• Manage and ensure effective and efficient day-to-day functions of the Security procedures on site and to ensure that the various security systems are in good working order.
• Provide Fire Safety support in accordance with the requirements of the local EHS legislations (in particular, the Workplace Safety & Health Act, Fire Safety Act, etc.), GSK Global EHS policies and standards and GSK Global Engineering Standards.
• Support EHS on site to ensure full compliance with local EHS laws, regulations and GSK standards, and to effectively facilitate the management of EHS systems for the following core competencies / areas:
o Fire and Loss Prevention i.e. Fire Protection / Detection Systems
o Health and Safety of Visitors and Contractors Schedule maintenance and calibration program
Governance, Policies and Regulations
• Advise EHS Team / management on all aspects of a Security and Fire Safety Advisor’s core competencies to ensure compliance with corporate EHS / Engineering / Insurer standards and local statutory requirements (e.g. BOMBA).
• Conduct relevant gap analysis against local and GSK EHS requirements and provide subject matter advice on Security and Fire Safety matters.
• Ensure that the security and access systems are functioning well and is properly maintained by the service provider/contractor.
• Support the monitoring and supervising the Security operations of both the in-house and 3rd party contract guards at GSK KL.
• Responsible for the inspection of various security records, forms and documents which are in use by the Security Department at GSK KL to ensure that they are correctly and regularly filled up.
• Responsible for the monitoring and coordinating of the operational aspects of the Armed Escort Service Provider/Contractor and ensure that the reports and documents pertaining with the movement of the armed escort shipment are correctly recorded and filled.
• Assist the Security and Fire Safety Advisor in security investigations and liaise with government agencies e.g. where necessary.
• Assist in parking management on site for staff and authorized external party
• Conduct appropriate risk assessments and provide recommendations (aligned with the hierarchy of controls) supporting Fire Safety related risks / activities.
• Liaise with the relevant local authorities (i.e. DOSH, BOMBA) for relevant approvals or clarifications required.
• Maintain fire detection and protection systems on site to ensure it is always in full-functioning and ready condition. Assist the fire contractor with their inspection routines and ensure that all relevant records and documents pertaining to operations and maintenance of these systems are correctly and properly checked and filed for reference.
• Enforce fire safety requirement to ensure emergency evacuation or design of occupied building is not compromised.
• Assist the Security and Fire Safety Advisor in coordinating, supervising and executing the Emergency Evacuation Plan and Crisis Management Plan.
Inspection and Audit
• Conduct regular audits of the Security and Fire Protection / Detection systems.
Training and Education
• Provide appropriate training for Staff and Contractors. Such trainings include:
o General Security awareness
o Contractor Safety
• Ensure that all EHS requirements and procedures are strictly followed by all personnel working on site.
• Champion an EHS culture across the GMS KL Site through Living Safety that embraces and integrates EHS into all operations and activities.
• Diploma, Advanced Certification in EHS, Safety, Science or Engineering field or equivalent
• Good passing in SPM examination
• Technically qualified and experienced in mechanical and electrical field, with good supervisory skills. Advance knowledge in carrying out investigations, CCTV system, Access Card System and Security Alarm System
• Knowledgeable in fire-fighting practices and its applicable local regulation / law.
• Knowledgeable in Environmental, Health & Safety / Fire Engineering practice
• Able to apply experience in GSK with minimal guidance
• Interpersonal skills; Ability to communicate effectively and work with all levels of staff.
• Good PC skills.
What We Can Offer You
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences.
We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world’s leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK’s Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and ‘Premise/Factory of Choice” for industrial excellence in the region
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.