- Maintain Site Environmental Management System
- Maintain Health & Safety Management System
- In coordination with Department heads Carry out Site EHS and Environmental Aspect & Impact assessment
- Control of waste management & enhance awareness on Promotion of Recycling & Site waste minimization to comply the GSK requirements
- Coordinate with Production Engineering & Quality control to make necessary efforts to Control possible Air Emission
- Collect, manage, analyses, and interpret EHS data for Corporate reporting
- Develop, conduct and evaluate training on EHS programs and processes
- Enhancement awareness of staff on Environmental & Safety Issues
- Identify Gaps at Site in lieu of EHS & GES standards & develop Action Plan to bridge the gaps
- Carry out EHS inspection & Identify the gaps & implement corrective & preventive Action
- Lead site Fire Fighting team to ensure regular Fire installation test as per schedule
- Enhance Staff awareness through Posters & EHS Events
- Coordinate & Trained Staff to maintain Safe System of Work (PTW)
- Coordinate and Trained Staff to maintain Lock out Tag out (LOTO) System
- Perform and review other departments EHS related audits.
- Co-ordinate the efforts and coach personnel through the development of critical documentation and tools to support risk assessments, safe work practices and adverse event/near miss reporting & investigation.
- Provide EHS direction, assistance and support for corrective actions and recommendations to assure site EHS improvements
- Maintain and develop, if required, compliance-related policies and procedures based on EHS requirements
- Maintain regulatory documentation and records.
- Work within the Company’s EHS policies and practices.
- Flexibility regarding any other duties which may be required from time to time.
- Develop and implement site workplace inspections and audits to identify work hazards and exposures. Determine trends and action plans for remediation and corrective actions.
- Help create a culture of injury-free attitudes within the site team by demonstrating honest, genuine care and passion for EHS Ensuring compliance of employees completing training on EHS related topics as per plan
- Conduct various EHS Workshops such as Leading EHS, Living Safety, Energy and Resilience etc.
- Regular documented inspection checklists completed & Actions undertaken for highlighted items
- Co-ordinate the efforts of and coach personnel through the development of critical documentation and tools to support risk assessments, safe work practices and adverse event/near miss reporting & investigation
- Work closely with EHS manager to ensure continual improvement and compliance in EHS activities
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control programs by documented risk assessments
- Assessments conducted for plant and equipment
- Monitoring of afterhours work and off Site activities
- Reporting of EHS related KPIs (Incident/Accidents, Environmental etc)
- Overall accountability of Waste Management and Chemical Manifests.
- Induction training to employees, visitors and contractors
- Provide co-ordination and leadership in response to incidents
- Manage consultants and/or contractors for specialized EHS related work.
- variability of assignments, the availability of guidance or direction, and the time frame under consideration to complete the duties
- Overall site involvement.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Post Graduate Degree, preferably in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health (e.g. NEBOSH International Certificate).
- At least 2 /3 years experience in the relevant area.
- Computer literacy.
- Proven evidence of being able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in written & spoken English / Good overall communication skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve current system.
- Excellent decision making skill.
Additional related qualification will be a plus
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.