Computer Vision Engineer
The successful candidate will design and develop software applications and infrastructure for robotic and/or tele-operated ground vehicles. Your work will entail the full software development life-cycle, including the deployment of these systems.
Applications will range from semi-autonomous to fully autonomous capabilities and day & thermal video processing leveraging the latest in hardware and software advancements (including Machine Learning / AI environments & tools). You will collaborate closely with other disciplines on the team that are highly creative, dynamic and fast paced.
- BS, MS or PhD Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience fewer years required with an advanced degree.
- 2+ years of experience in algorithm development using Python, C++, or Matlab
- Develop real-time and embedded C++ algorithms to detect and classify images for various custom classes.
- Build and utilize variety of custom and open source tools for visualizing, debugging, and validating various layers in the vision pipeline.
- Hands on experience with deep learning framework (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
- Write and optimize vision algorithms to process various pipelines
- Follow industry standards for coding and perform profiling of C++ code
- Automotive experience with Cameras and Lidars
- Experience testing complex perception systems
- Expert in Linux (Ubuntu preferred) and GIT development environment
- Practice Agile methodology and use tools, such as Confluence, BitBucket, JIRA
- Have good knowledge in using Docker
- Experience with OpenCV, and CUDA
Experience working with robotic platforms and ROS, DDS, or other middleware systemsHands on experience with network protocols such as CAN, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, etc.
Good verbal and written skills and proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
Able to travel occasionally
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.
At GDLS, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a safe space, which empowers our team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We welcome all diverse backgrounds and experiences, as we see the value in creating a dynamic environment of diverse culture preference.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.