This entry-level position in the Industrial Engineering Department is intended for a new college graduate and provides the successful candidate opportunities to accomplish the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain work standards, labor assignments and equipment capacity.
- Develop / provide staffing requirements to meet operations plans.
- Develop and report on Production department performance.
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems to develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Analyze and design sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.E
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations
- Estimate new product labor costs and production planning.
- Support production teams in achieving cost, quality, and schedule objectives utilizing Lean Mfg. tools to improve performance.
- Interface with Production Team Leaders, Production Control, and Operations Engineering.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and able to obtain / maintain government-issued security clearance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must obtain Department of Army Police unescorted access to JSMC.
- Must pass background check, pre-employment medical exam including a drug screen.
- Bachelors' Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance required.
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices is a plus.
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation, and computer skills, knowledgeable in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. High degree of proficiency with advanced Excel functions is required.
This job is performed in an office and heavy manufacturing environment.
This role routinely requires walking, sitting, stooping, personal interactions for extended periods, and uses standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and phones.
Exposure to manufacturing environments containing noise, odors, temperature changes, and moving equipment.
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.
At GDLS, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a safe space, which empowers our team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We welcome all diverse backgrounds and experiences, as we see the value in creating a dynamic environment of diverse culture preference.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.