In this entry-level Engineering position, the successful candidate will function as a product engineering representative for the manufacturing of the Abrams Main Battle Tank vehicle program. The individual in this position will function as / or perform:
- Manufacturing and design subject matter expert (SME) for rectifying and resolving manufacturing issues at the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center (JSMC) location.
- JSMC product representative interfacing with GDLS division program, Manufacturing & Customer Support (M&CS) division staff and customer program staff at all levels.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action activities for JSMC Abrams production.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering desired, Associate degree with related experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access to the facility through the vetting process as administered by the Department of Army Police.
- Must be able to obtain/ maintain DOD security clearance.
- Must be able to meet Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) for military vehicle safe entry.
- Must be able to work independently or with minimum oversight to address responsibilities.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with customer representatives and MC&S and GDLS at various levels of their respective organizations.
- Able to perform problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Support Lima through Material Review Board (MRB) actions.
- Clear written and effective oral presentation skills.
- Proficient with computers and software including MS Office, Pro-Engineer, Creo, Team Center, etc.
- Must be able to work in a teaming environment with unionized workforce employees.
Working Conditions & Environment:
Using ladders and stairs to climb into/onto vehicle structures.
Climbing, walking, bending, kneeling, standing, and stooping.
Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Working in and around dust, fumes, oils, mists, adhesives and in areas with a high noise volume.
Working in hot and cold environments.
Depending upon departmental assignment, wearing a respirator may be required.
This position requires working both in office and manufacturing floor environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.