- Solid understanding of TCP, UDP stack
- Solid understanding of IEEE switching standards
- Solid understanding of IEEE interior gateway protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and multicast routing protocols
- Ability to configure and manage network to support different application layer protocols
- Hands on experience with Linux and Windows user, network, firewall configuration, and management
- Hands on experience on troubleshooting network physical layer issues
- Hands on experience on troubleshooting connection oriented protocols
- Hands on experience in Linux Network Programming using bash, python, C/C++
- Hands on experience in scripting for network automation and configuration using bash, python
- bash, python, C, C++11 or later
- Experience with switching, routing and firewall configuration of products from Cisco, Juniper, Aruba
- Experience in developing dissector for Wireshark
- Experience in wireless spectrum troubleshooting and management
- Experience in throughput and capacity management
- Document design flow, algorithms for team review and collaboration
- Conduct integration testing and performance analysis for networked components
- Conduct lab and on vehicle testing and troubleshooting of networked components
- 5+ years experience
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Electronics or Engineering
A software development career at General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in a broad variety of projects and programs that will enhance Land Systems–Canada’s vision, values and purpose. As part of the team, you will create high quality and high impact software solutions that will be used by customers domestically and globally.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.