SGN Service Delivery Engineer
The SGN Service Delivery Engineer is a hands-on technical role with the responsibility to manage various internal projects including change requests on our Market Data production environment.
This position will be based in Tunis and reporting directly to the SGN Head of Change Management.
- Define and communicate the Plan for production change projects.
- Ensure the delivery of the agreed and defined deliverables.
- Provide realistic ETA and deliver projects or change requests on time.
- Deliver installations efficiently with a high level of quality.
- Ensure changes are applied and tested in UAT prior to delivery into Production.
- Ensure UAT reflects Production prior to any changes being tested including software versions.
- Ensure changes do not induce any regression.
- Ensure changes are approved by all relevant stakeholders prior to Production rollout.
- Submit changes to CAB sessions.
- Maintain regular project updates, at least at every milestone, to all stakeholders.
- Provide operational teams with Building, Run, and Monitoring documentations.
- Prevent incidents and escalations by identifying risks and raising alerts on time to management.
- Maximize revenue by identifying opportunities and ensuring projects are relevant before start.
- To source appropriate mentoring, support and advice on any aspects of the project where this is required.
- Self-starter capable of working as individual contributor with demanding clients.
- The ability to work effectively within local and distributed teams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely internally and with our clients.
- Excellent technical diagnostic and analytic skills with proven problem solving experience.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, providing timely and accurate solutions to numerous clients’ needs.
- The ability to adapt to new circumstances and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office.
- Strong Linux skills (No GUI; Red Hat oriented; network sensitive).
- Understanding of the OSI model.
- Scripting and administration languages.
- ITIL knowledge - Incident, Change and Problem.
- Project Management qualification.
- Experience in developing or managing trading/financial services technology.
- Financial markets and front-office business knowledge.
- Understanding of the FIX protocol.
- XML, JSON.
FIS’s Global Trading business is a leading provider of global execution, network, market data and trading software solutions that help institutions improve execution quality, increase market transparency, decrease overall costs and address today’s data and connectivity challenges.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability