The senior financial analyst position is a supporting role in the Treasury Department with focus on free cash flow analysis and forecasting. This position reports to the director of finance – treasury.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Researches and compiles data to forecast and prepare annual and monthly budget projections.
- Tracks free cash flow on a monthly basis, comparing actual to forecasted figures and makes necessary adjustments.
- Prepares reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of free cash flow.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. CPA preferred.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Analytical and statistical examination skills
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
Financial Analyst Senior
Advanced professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Consults with senior peers on moderate to complex processes to learn through experience. Typically requires a minimum of five years professional experience in a finance role or related discipline. Prior cash flow analysis and forecasting experience is a plus.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.