With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presences and reputation. With over $124 billion in AUM as of September 30, 2019, more than $25 billion of which is managed or advised by the U.S. division. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across traditional and alternative asset classes to institutional, retail, and private wealth clients across North America, Europe, and key markets in Asia.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the legal and compliance department of our growing investment management firm. The Junior Associate General Counsel will work with the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel and be responsible for various corporate legal transactions, including contract and investment advisory agreement negotiations. Additionally, the Junior Associate General Counsel will be accountable for providing general legal support for all investment management matters at Fiera Capital Inc.
- Assisting with, and assuming responsibility for, various matters ranging from reviewing and negotiating investment advisory agreements and agreements with third-party vendors
- Assisting with fund formation and operation (registered funds and private funds)
- Assisting with investment adviser compliance, new product development, general corporate work, labor and employment matters, and mergers and acquisitions
- Will be directly involved in the development and growth of our legal/compliance group and the development and implementation of the legal/compliance framework necessary to support the organization’s growth
- Doctor of Law degree (J.D.)
- Member of New York or other state bar in good standing
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant practice experience in the asset management/securities industry
- Large law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the Advisers Act and investment adviser regulation
- Fund formation and operation experience required (private funds and/or registered funds)
- General corporate and M&A experience highly desirable
- General working knowledge of 40 Act and registered funds desirable
- General working knowledge of FINRA and NFA regulations is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers across a global organization as well as independently
- Superior verbal communication, high level of organization and attention to detail
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.