With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presences and reputation. With over $114 billion in AUM as of June 30, 2019, more than $25 billion of which is managed or advised by the U.S. division. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across traditional and alternative asset classes to institutional, retail, and private wealth clients across North America, Europe, and key markets in Asia.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Support the Director of Financial Accounting in key payroll functions for entire payroll cycle which includes: preparation, processing and follow ups for semi-monthly payroll. This Senior Analyst will also assist with accounting functions ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Entering variable compensation and processes semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain information in payroll system for current, former and new employees
- Make entries for payroll related cash transactions (flex spending account, payroll tax, 401K, etc.)
- Liaise with payroll and benefit service providers to resolve issues
- Review payroll changes and details in partnership with HR
- Conduct payroll audit and produce resolutions to any payroll issues
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record payroll and related transactions to the general ledger accounts
- Prepare customized reports for management
- Assist with internal and external auditor requests
- Perform monthly assigned general ledger account reconciliations, and account analysis
- Ensure the ongoing improvement and documentation of accounting processes, internal controls and systems
- Assist in other finance roles including accounts payable and month-end close processes
- Assist the Director with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- 4 - 5 years relevant experience with payroll processing and accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Ceridian/Dayforce payroll system preferred
- Knowledge of SAP/ Concur preferred
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, strong collaborator
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.