With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Fiera Capital is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing US Institutional distribution team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a team first approach and accept the challenges of working in dynamic, fast-paced environment where the focus remains steadfastly on the end client. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of US Institutional Markets, the Business Development Associate will play a key role in helping the team identify and develop new business opportunities within the Institutional plan sponsor and consultant channel.
- Increase the probability of advancing to the next phase in sales/consultant cycle by conducting pre-meeting due diligence research on prospects and consultants
- Research and present market/competitive analysis including market intelligence, demands, pertinent trends to internal partners on an ongoing basis
- Source and qualify prospects through various public web sites, industry media and other databases
- Collaborate with internal partners, including Relationship Management in cross-selling efforts, to develop and implement a consistent market approach
- Work closely with the marketing team to prepare presentation materials for meetings and conference calls
- Update pertinent prospect and consultant information in CRM system, Salesforce
- Assist the team in the execution of territory business plans designed to drive asset and revenue growth across the firm
- Continuously learn and share product knowledge, industry trends and compliance guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree required
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required
- MBA or CFA in progress preferred
EXPERIENCE & SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience preferably within an institutional sales or consultant relations team
- Proven experience/general knowledge of investment industry with specific experience within the Institutional channel
- Strong desire and capacity to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across a growing, entrepreneurial firm
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.