With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The Client Service Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist the Investment Counsellors in their administrative, client support and business development activities in order to ensure a high quality and personalized service to our Private Wealth clients.
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests from clients, Investment Counsellors and custodians;
- Proactive client contact and booking of meetings;
- Oversee the opening of accounts and the maintenance of existing accounts in the portfolio management system;
- Assist the Investment Counsellors with client relationship management activities;
- Work with internal partners to ensure seamless client servicing.
- Record and update client contacts and other related information in appropriate systems;
- Facilitate the account opening process;
- Facilitate the modification of investment policy statements (update appropriate systems, advise and follow up with the Compliance department);
- Coordinate administrative tasks and ensure the appropriate follow up.
Marketing and Business Development Support
- Prepare documents such as letters, client and prospect presentations, requests for proposal and reports as required;
- Ensure that all reports and documents presented to clients reflect information that is both complete and of the highest quality, and are produced in a timely fashion;
The incumbent will assist the Investment Cousellors in all other tasks related to the nature of his/her duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related field is required;
- Completion of industry-specific accreditation such as Canadian Securities Course or Canadian Investment Funds Operations Course is required;
- Enrollment in the Chartered Financial Analyst program or Chartered Investment Manager program is an asset.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience within the financial services industry is required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (specifically, array formulas, macros and pivot tables) is required;
- Previous experience in a client service or business development support function is an asset;
- General knowledge of the investment industry and financial markets;
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive and ability to adapt to a very fast-paced work environment
- Results-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and manage priorities;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently but also essential to be a team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Fiera Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Fiera Capital will not tolerate discrimination or harassment. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.